PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

can't Restrict posts

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

can't Restrict posts

Postby lifestream » May 31st, 2010, 9:31 pm

Hi,
I am guessing I am missing something simple, but I can't get s2member to restrict my posts. My website is is www.lifestreamfitness.com and on the "members" area, there are posts listed (under Workouts). These should be only visible to logged in users, but as of now, I can still see them when I am not logged in. I am using suffusion theme, if that matters. If you click on "members area" it redirects you to the singup page, which is great, but the posts (which I have placed on a page called "workouts" which is under the "members area" page) are visible all the time. I have tried restricting both the "workouts page" and the posts (by typing in "all" under the post access restrictions area) and it won't restrict the posts. Even if I put the posts on the "members area" page, it will show the posts (but doesn't show the text I have put in the page). Please help me if you can. I have searched the internet and these boards but haven't been able to find anything to help. Is it the theme I'm using somehow messing things up?
lifestream

Re: can't Restrict posts

Postby lifestream » May 31st, 2010, 9:50 pm

OK, I figured out it was related to me trying to use a custom structure for my permalinks, which somehow wasn't allowing the "all" command to restrict the posts. So, for now, I will just have to use the default permalink structure I guess, but I don't like it as well...
lifestream

Re: can't Restrict posts

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 8:24 pm

The "all" specification will work, with, or without custom permalink structures, because s2Member checks ID's, not Permalinks. If you're still having the problem, try going back over your configuration again. It sounds like your problem has something to do with the Level of the Member you were testing with; against a configuration that may or may not have been adequate.

Also, there is a more complete explanation on how Levels work, under:
s2Member -> API Scripting -> Advanced Conditionals

It explains how Levels provide incremental access. ~Hope this helps.
Please report back if you can. ~Thanks!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin