PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Manually Approve Members + Protect Images

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Manually Approve Members + Protect Images

Postby rdkcreative » June 8th, 2010, 10:29 am

Hello! I just installed the program and I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping someone has the answer to.

I'm offering a free membership but I want to manually approve members who register. Is there a way to do this?

I also want to protect certain images on the site. Would I accomplish this by the URI Access Restrictions?

Thanks in advance for your help.
rdkcreative

Re: Manually Approve Members + Protect Images

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 7:42 pm

I'm offering a free membership but I want to manually approve members who register. Is there a way to do this?

Not exactly. However, with s2Member v3.0.6+, you can turn on Open Registration, where new Members will be registered initially with a Level #0 ( as a Free Subscriber ). So you can then review Free Subscribers manually, and upgrade them to Level #1 as you see fit.

I also want to protect certain images on the site. Would I accomplish this by the URI Access Restrictions?

No. Protected files should all go inside the /plugins/s2member-files/ directory. You'll need to configure s2Member's download options. See: `WordPress Dashboard -> s2Member -> Download Options`.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin