PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

After Paypal Payment, No Account Creation Instructions

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

After Paypal Payment, No Account Creation Instructions

Postby suzette » June 9th, 2010, 11:57 am

I don't think we changed anything in the system and it was working fine before but now when someone pays for a membership, after the payment, they are not being directed back to the site to create an account, and they do not get an email with instructions. The email feature has never seemed to work, but they were able to create their own accounts before. After payment, if they click on the button to return to the site, they are directed to a login page, but they were not given the chance to set up a new account, like they were before. We are using version s2Member 2.8.5 on WordPress 2.9.2 with Buddypress 1.2.3. Any help would be much appreciated.
suzette

Re: After Paypal Payment, No Account Creation Instructions

Postby MarketersGeek » June 9th, 2010, 8:43 pm

suzette wrote:I don't think we changed anything in the system and it was working fine before but now when someone pays for a membership, after the payment, they are not being directed back to the site to create an account, and they do not get an email with instructions. The email feature has never seemed to work, but they were able to create their own accounts before. After payment, if they click on the button to return to the site, they are directed to a login page, but they were not given the chance to set up a new account, like they were before. We are using version s2Member 2.8.5 on WordPress 2.9.2 with Buddypress 1.2.3. Any help would be much appreciated.

So you didn't change anything in the system?
What about your hosting company? Is it possible that they changed something?

I've just installed s2member for the first time -- and I have a few kinks -- but I don't know if it's operator error or what.
The first is that I have problems, like you, when people sign up -- currently, the return in paypal returns to the blog home page. However, emails get sent, and there's no problem.

The second is that I can't get restrict by category to stick! I set it up, save, then look to see if the posts are invisible -- they aren't -- then I go back and look at the category restriction -- and it's not there.
MarketersGeek

Postby suzette » June 10th, 2010, 9:18 am

Actually, the email is working, but I guess it goes to some people's bulk email folder. It used to prompt them to create an account, but now it doesn't. If category restriction doesn't work, I am using URI restriction which work fine except for that the default WordPress search doesn't restrict the search results, which I guess is ok.
suzette

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 6:55 pm

The first is that I have problems, like you, when people sign up -- currently, the return in paypal returns to the blog home page. However, emails get sent, and there's no problem.

This can happen when you have not configured s2Member's Login Welcome Page before testing.
See: s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page.

This will ALSO happen when/if you're offering a free trial, and you're not using the s2Member Pro Module. This happens because PayPal does NOT send s2Member ( the free version ) any purchase details after returning from PayPal. So s2Member will just say " please check your email ", and it will forward them to your Home Page in the mean time, because it can't do anything else until they have the email generated by the IPN routine that runs silently behind-the-scene.

This is only an issue with a free trial; because there is no real transaction taking place at PayPal. This is a known PayPal bug, but it's not likely to be fixed, so s2Member does the best it can.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin