PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

User Admin page strange formatting

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

User Admin page strange formatting

Postby hurfordm » June 9th, 2010, 6:01 pm

I have just completed a test payment/registration via the paypal sandbox which went superbly, thank you for the excellent instructions.

However...... when I go to check out the user detail in the admin area the table is formatted with 2 character wide columns! The headings and table data wrap in this 2 character column making each entry very tall and obviously unreadable.

Anyone else has this? Sounds like a css issue, possible id or class name clash with another plugin?

Any help would be appreciated.
hurfordm

Re: User Admin page strange formatting

Postby hurfordm » June 9th, 2010, 6:34 pm

OK I have answered my own question. Having had a request to add approx 25 fields to the registration form it seems the default styling of the User Admin table cannot handle it due to 'table-layout: fixed'.

This is present in the core file root/wp-admin/wp-admin.css as selector 'table.fixed', once I changed it to 'table-layout: auto' everything looks good and so far it hasn't broken anything else.
hurfordm

Re: User Admin page strange formatting

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 7:10 pm

Thanks for posting this. Much appreciated.
I will just add one other thing for readers. When you add Custom Fields with s2Member, those Custom Fields will be visible in the list of Users. However, if you're adding lots of Custom Fields, it is NOT always desirable to see them all in the main list. In this event, what you'll do is go up to the very top of your Dashboard, right-hand side, and click Screen Options. There you can choose which ones will be displayed, and which ones will not be displayed.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin