PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Specific Page Access Combined with Membership Access

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Specific Page Access Combined with Membership Access

Postby kevinthomas » June 12th, 2010, 3:24 am

I hope that s2members has this capability. I don't want to use membership levels. I want to sell a variety of e-books and video courses that don't need to be purchased sequentially, and are accessible through the membership area. So I would want the membership area to include all courses purchased by the member, and a list of those that have not been purchased yet. This way they can pick and choose products without having to buy them in sequence.

I understand the Specific Page/Post Access Restrictions instructions. But my question is, How do integrate all purchased products into the member area, so each member can login any time they want and have access to their purchased products? Thanks. KT
kevinthomas

Re: Specific Page Access Combined with Membership Access

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 4:23 pm

s2Member does not store information about individual purchases, because it assumes these individual purchases will NOT be tied to any particular membership account. That is one of the nice things about Specific Post/Page Access, is that it does NOT have to be tied to an account login.

I do understand what you're saying though. So I'll see about adding this feature in a future release. Until then, here is one way to work-around it, getting you almost there.

1. Allow Open Registration to your site.
See: s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration.

2. Provide potential Customers with a way to create an account.
You send them to: http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register
If you're using the s2Member Pro Module, you can create a custom Free Registration Form.

3. Setup your Login Welcome Page for s2Member, including a list of links that point to each of the Specific Posts/Pages that you're selling access to. Whenever a Member clicks a link to a Specific Post/Page, they will be denied access, UNLESS they've already been authenticated through the Specific Post/Page checkout process, for individual purchases.

This can be done using either the free version of s2Member, or with the Pro Module. Either will work fine.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin