PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Free Level 1 Membership

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Free Level 1 Membership

Postby nigelb135 » June 12th, 2010, 9:01 pm

I have 2 situations which I am trying to handle with your excellent plugin.

! want to automatically upgrade any new signups for free membership to Level 1 membership. In other words, when they signup for the first time they will immediately be recorded as a Level 1 lifetime member.

The second scenario is that I want to be able to create a button for totally free access to anything that a paypal button could be used to pay for. Put differently, I want to be able to create a paypal button with a price of 0.00, when a member clicks on that button, instead of going to paypal and waiting for the success response, we just immediately emulate that response.

Can anyone provide any thoughts on how to achieve either of these outcomes? I would be happy to pay a reasonable amount for a speedy resolution!
Nigel Ball
Web Developer
nigelb135

Re: Free Level 1 Membership

Postby nigelb135 » June 12th, 2010, 10:44 pm

OK, I've worked out how to achieve the first objective! Just set the default user role to s2 Member 1.

Embarrassingly simple really. Still looking for help on the second scenario.
Nigel Ball
Web Developer
nigelb135

Re: Free Level 1 Membership

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 4:01 pm

Hi there. Using s2Member Pro, you can generate `Free Registration Forms`, which will provide the exact capability that you're looking for. http://www.s2member.com/features/screenshots/
s2Member Pro has other advantages as well.

Using the free version of s2Member, you can still accomplish this, you just need to allow Open Registration. Please see, s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration, in s2Member v3.0.6+.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin