PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Monthy Billing for Digital Downloads

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Monthy Billing for Digital Downloads

Postby SWAlarry » June 13th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Your products look super and I can't wait to get started.

We are in the corporate training business. We offer a product that is simply an html page that contains a video and a quize form. Here is what we need the process to accocmplish:

1.) Company Representative opens free membership account
2.) Company Representative opens free sub/related account for employee and selects a training video and test they wish the employee take. (It does not have to be sub account, maybe there is a way to add users to Company Rep account that have authorization to view digital products page, but not authorization to access billing info for Company Rep account?)
3.) Company is billed monthly using PayPal (reoccurring payments?) for each employee referred to our website for training. (each employee is allowed to watch the video and take the test as many times and they like in the future with no time limit.
4>) In the future, there may be other add-on digital products the Company Representative may purchase.

Important features:

1.) The Company Representative billing info would be kept on file so our Customer, the Company Representative does not have to fill out payment info each time they refer an employee to our website for training. The membership agreement would authorize monthly billing to credit card up to "X" amount of dollars.

Question: What is the best way to use s@Member Plubin w/PayPal to accomplish the model I described? Many thanks!
SWAlarry

Re: Monthy Billing for Digital Downloads

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 3:48 pm

Hi SWAlarry. Thanks for your inquiry.
This can be accomplished with s2Member, but it will require the application of s2Member's Custom Capabilities, and some custom programming within your theme.

The only thing s2Member will NOT accomplish here, is the storage of billing information. s2Member has been designed specifically to NOT store any financial details on-site, and instead, it hands that responsibility over to PayPal®.

Even with the s2Member Pro Module, which provides direct on-site credit card processing, the end result is that financial information is stored securely at PayPal. This has huge legal and cost advantages, due to stringent PCI compliance policies set forth by the credit card companies.

If you can avoid storing credit card information on your site, it's better in the long run. Currently, there are no plans to make this possible with s2Member Pro, but I will add your request to my list of considerations in future development, as a possible option.

In the mean, in order to accomplish your other goals, I would suggest hiring a freelance developer familiar with s2Member and/or s2Member Pro. You might try Elance.com.

Either that, or contact me directly for a quote. ~Thanks.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin