PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Error: Zend® Optimizer ?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Error: Zend® Optimizer ?

Postby Ivan Fraer » June 19th, 2010, 6:22 am

I have purchased the new PRO edition but when I enter my admin dashboard I get this error:

The Zend® Optimizer is not installed on your server. s2Member Pro has been encoded with Zend® Guard. In order to run s2Member Pro, please install the free Zend® Optimizer, or contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable Zend® Optimizer for you.

Zend® Optimizer is one of the most popular PHP plugins for performance-improvement, and has been freely available since the early days of PHP 4. It improves performance by taking PHP's intermediate code through multiple optimization passes, which replaces inefficient code patterns with more efficient code blocks. The replacement code blocks perform exactly the same operations as the original code, only faster. In addition to performance-improvement, the Zend® Optimizer also allows PHP to transparently load files encoded by Zend® Guard. The Zend® Optimizer is a freely-available product from Zend® Technologies. Zend® Technologies is the company that develops the PHP scripting engine, also known as the Zend® Engine.

Do I really have to contact my host?
Tnx in advance

Best regards
Ivan
Ivan Fraer

Re: Error: Zend® Optimizer ?

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 11:06 am

Who is your hosting provider?
Yes, you'll need to contact them, and ask them to enable the Zend® Optimizer w/loader for you.
If you're running your own server, please write me back and I'll give you instructions.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Ivan Fraer » June 19th, 2010, 11:17 am

The provider is www.gigahost.dk and I will contact them - Tnx for reply.
Ivan Fraer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 19th, 2010, 11:58 am

Ok thanks for the reply Ivan.

For anyone else reading this, Zend® Optimizer is pre-installed with most installations of PHP. For instance, all of these approved WordPress® hosting providers have the Zend® Optimizer already installed: http://wordpress.org/hosting/

Some other hosting providers have it pre-installed, but not configured. Once Zend® Optimizer is installed, you'll need these lines in your php.ini file. They should look something like this:

Code: Select all
; Configure the Zend Optimizer.
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 1
zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15
zend_extension = /path/to/ZendOptimizer.so

My top choice is MediaTemple (gs)
http://mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/

If your hosting provider does not have the Zend Optimizer installed, chances are, they can & will install it for you. In addition to performance-improvement, the Zend® Optimizer also allows PHP to transparently load files encoded by Zend® Guard. The Zend® Optimizer is a freely-available product from Zend® Technologies. Zend® Technologies is the company that develops the PHP scripting engine, also known as the Zend® Engine.

s2Member Pro has been encoded with Zend® Guard. In order to run s2Member Pro, you will need the Zend® Optimizer, or contact your hosting provider and ask them to enable Zend® Optimizer for you.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin