PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Upgrade borked installation

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Upgrade borked installation

Postby Ryan H » June 23rd, 2010, 9:53 am

I'm not sure if it's because I didn't realize I had to set the plugin into safe mode, or because I'm still running WP 2.9.2. I upgraded the plugin from 3.0.4 to 3.0.9 through the admin interface. After the upgrade, s2Member disappeared from the admin menu, and some or all of the settings appear to no longer be taking effect [such as login logo].

If it's any help, I can still see all the former settings in the DB as ' ws_plugin__s2member_options'.

How can I get it back to normal?
Ryan H

Re: Upgrade borked installation

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 23rd, 2010, 1:45 pm

Hi Ryan. It sounds like s2Member has been de-activated in your installation.
Log into your WP Dashboard, and go to the Plugins menu. Find s2Member in the list of plugins, and click "Activate".

If that does not do the trick, try disabling other plugins until the s2Member menu re-appears. Sometimes other plugins conflict with the positioning of the s2Member menu; overriding s2Member completely, which causes the s2Member menu to be hidden.

@C/TODO: the s2Member menu was pushed up in v3.0.6+, so that it sits just beneath the Users menu in WordPress. This will be reverted back in the next release, because it causes conflicts such as the one being reported here.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Upgrade borked installation

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 12:15 pm

@COMPLETED/TODO: the s2Member menu was pushed up in v3.0.6+, so that it sits just beneath the Users menu in WordPress. This will be reverted back in the next release, because it causes conflicts such as the one being reported here.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin