PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

s2member / user inputted donations

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

s2member / user inputted donations

Postby tudon » April 6th, 2011, 9:10 am

Hey,

So I'm working on a project and we are currently looking for someone who is able to create and help setup s2member, it's relativity simple. We basically require a function to allow users who donate a certain amount to be given access to private content.

* Create 3 separate donation buttons for set amounts which will be billed monthly.
* Provide a option to allow users to input any amount they like for a one time donation, if the amount is the same or higher than a certain number they will be given access to private content for a certain period of time.

If you have any questions do let me know.
tudon

Re: s2member / user inputted donations

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 18th, 2011, 12:44 am

This is certainly possible. But you'll need s2Member Pro for this.

Shortcode Attributes can be configured dynamically through PHP, when necessary.
Example shown here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Using this same concept, other Shortcode Attributes could be changed out dynamically too. You'll find all the details regarding Shortcode Attributes in your Dashboard, under: s2Member -> PayPal Pro Forms -> Shortcode Attributes ( Explained ).

So for instance, you might build a custom form of your own, which collects the amount that is going to be donated, and any other details you want from the User. This custom form you build, would submit data to a page where a Pro Form Shortcode is constructed dynamically, pre-configured with the proper term length, charge amount, etc. The important thing here, is that you MUST use s2Member Pro. Trying to integrate this with the free version of s2Member would not go as smoothly.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby rfsrfs » October 23rd, 2011, 3:51 pm

Hi Jason,

We are a non-profit building a community radio station. We're a year or so away from airwaves broadcast but about to initiate internet streaming in the interim. Just as anyone could pick up our broadcast with an FM radio for no charge, we are not charging for access to the identical web content either - but we are requiring registration. So 0 level free access has been set up ok. They can register and login and see the entire site.

We also have level 1 PP buttons with specific donations per month and memberships per year - both with and without auto renewal - using s2m shortcodes. Those all work fine as well as far as I can tell - that is, clicking the button takes you to the PP login page to complete your payment.

The missing piece is the donation in any amount. Since the access to content is exactly the same for level 0 and level 1 AND since they have to register in any event, is there any reason not to use a button generated on the paypal site that will provide the option of donations in any amount instead of an s2m button? s2m won't know that they used the PP generated button but if they're registered and can see all the content anyway, it doesn't seem to make a difference. Anything I'm missing here?

Thanks
rfsrfs

Postby Jason Caldwell » October 23rd, 2011, 8:15 pm

Thanks for your inquiry.

Well, you can certainly use a PayPal-generated button, but please follow the instructions here:
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=309&p=1340&hilit=using+paypal+generated+buttons#p1333

Or, you can generate a Payment Button with s2Member and set the ra Shortcode Attribute to ra="" manually. During checkout, PayPal will ask the Customer to enter an amount of their own choosing.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby braith2345 » January 26th, 2012, 6:13 am

Hi,

Firstly incredible piece of software/plugin I love it!

I'm wondering how I can accept donations as a payment amount and as suggested I set ra shortcode to "" as suggested in this thread.

I'm testing this on a local host site, but even then if I put an amount in for example ra="1" and test the generated paypal button it still takes me to a checkout page with that amount.

If however I set the amount to "" I get:

You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription I'm guessing P3 and T3 are to do with the local host setup but A3 is being caused by ra = "".

Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks
Nick
braith2345

Postby Jason Caldwell » January 30th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Thanks for the follow-up.

Setting the ra attribute to an empty value will only work for "Buy Now" buttons, because PayPal will only allow a custom amount to be entered when it's a "Buy Now" purchase. For "Subscriptions", the amounts need to be pre-configured, that's why you're seeing that error.

Here is a Shortcode example that would allow a custom amount to be entered by the customer.
Code: Select all
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Buy Now (Enter Amount)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="jason.websharks-inc.loc" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="" rp="1" rt="D" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
Has: rr="BN" and ra=""

There is another option here that might interest you.
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby braith2345 » January 30th, 2012, 8:21 pm

Thank you Jason, really appreciate the quick response.

I'll go away and look at those other topics.

Thanks for your help.
braith2345

Return to s2Member Plugin