PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Can I post my PayPal button external to my WordPress install

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Can I post my PayPal button external to my WordPress install

Postby VilPietersen » June 29th, 2010, 4:09 am

Hey Jason,

I've been playing around with your plug-in for a couple of days now and I think it's awesome!!

One question, my WordPress install (for my product) is in a subdomain i.e. product.mysite.com

The sales page is just mysite.com, can I place the PayPal button on the sales page or will it conflict with the coding.

You said in your instructions that I should choose a page to use as a sign-up page so I cowboyed a redirect page to my slaes page usng your suggested /membership-signup link (I know that's probably not a good thing to do...

How would I get around this problem, I've only got one membership level and I just want this to work!

VilPietersen

Re: Can I post my PayPal button external to my WordPress ins

Postby VilPietersen » June 29th, 2010, 4:42 am

Another thing, when I go through to paypal, I get this bit of php code underneath my product...

<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON0; ?>: <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0; ?>

Would you know what is causing this and how I could rectify it :)
VilPietersen

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 30th, 2010, 7:27 am

VilPietersen wrote:Another thing, when I go through to paypal, I get this bit of php code underneath my product...

<?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON0; ?>: <?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0; ?>

Would you know what is causing this and how I could rectify it :)

Hi there. Thanks for the great question.
If you're seeing this code, it would indicate to me that you're using the Full Button Code instead of the Shortcode format. Please try the Shortcode format, that should correct the problem for you.

If you really need to use the Full Button Code, you'll want to have a look at the PHP tags in the Full Button Code. Depending on where you're inserting the Full Button Code, it could be getting corrupted; particularly if you're not familiar with PHP tags, it can be confusing.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 30th, 2010, 7:31 am

VilPietersen wrote:The sales page is just mysite.com, can I place the PayPal button on the sales page or will it conflict with the coding.

You can place the Button Code on ANY Post/Page you like. :D
Just be sure that you're NOT protecting that special page, because that's the page potential Customers will use to gain access.

The ideal page to place your Button Code on, is your Membership Options Page ( configured in s2Member -> General Options ). Should a visitor attempt to access a protected area of your site, s2Member will automatically redirect them to your Membership Options Page. You can use ANY Page you like, it just needs to be configured here: s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Options Page
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin