PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Add standard WP fields to profile page?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Add standard WP fields to profile page?

Postby pdblizzard » July 3rd, 2010, 9:59 am

I'm using the S2Member profile page. How can I add WP profile fields like, "Biographical Info" and "Website", etc?

Thanks!
pdblizzard

Re: Add standard WP fields to profile page?

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 7th, 2010, 5:59 pm

Hi again. I know I answered you via email already. I'm just posting this here for the benefit of others. Thanks again for the great questions.
I'm using the S2Member profile page. How can I add WP profile fields like, "Biographical Info" and "Website", etc?

That is not possible yet. The s2Member Profile Editing Panel addresses the most basic fields required by most membership offerings. It also supports unlimited "Custom Fields", which can be configured under: s2Member -> General Options -> Custom Registration Fields. So if you wanted to include a website address, and/or Bio fields, you could build those in, by adding "Custom Fields" to s2Member's configuration. Alternatively, you can use the built-in WP Dashboard Profile panel, and bypass the special panel created by s2Member; or even create a custom profile page of your own.

In the next release of s2Member Pro, there will be a more comprehensive solution available; which will allow custom Forms to be generated for Profile updates; designed to support Custom Fields, and it will be possible to integrate them using Shortcodes; just like the Pro Forms that already exist with s2Member Pro. Look for this toward the end of this week.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin