PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Post Not Restricted

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Post Not Restricted

Postby kymora » July 4th, 2010, 5:26 pm

I am selling a magazine quarterly. Just started with the first issue. I will be selling them all separately.

I want to set up separate posts with a link to each issue. I did this for the first issue. Here is what I have done so far:

Set up the Membership Option Page to point to the "Magazine Page"
I have assigned the post number to the Post/Page Access Restriction
I created the paypal button for the post and placed it on the Magazine Page

The post is still visible including the link to the download or any text I type in the post. If you click on the title or the read more button it goes to the paypal link correctly but if I leave the link in, it goes straight to the the download "free of charge". How do you hide the posts until after they pay?

I also changed back the permalinks - i was using custom but read in a past post that somehow causes an issue. I have also upgraded to Wordpress 3.0. What am I missing?

Thanks - great program you got here. Kymora ;)
kymora

Re: Post Not Restricted

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 7th, 2010, 7:25 pm

Hi there. Thanks for your inquiry.

I'm not sure I understand completely, but let me walk you through real quick, and let's go from there.

So you have a Membership Options Page ( with your PayPal Buttons ), and you configure that Page ( so s2Member knows about it ), under: s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Options Page.

The PayPal Button on that Membership Options Page, is configured for Specific Post/Page Access. In other words, you're protecting a Specific Post/Page, using s2Member -> General Options -> Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions.

Example: If you are selling Specific Post/Page Access to Post ID# 121, you would just type 121 into s2Member -> General Options -> Specific Post/Page Access field. Custom Post Types are fine by the way. Custom Post Types were introduced in WP 3.0+, and s2Member's restrictions are compatible with this.

Now, when a public visitor ( who is NOT logged into the site as an Admin :-) ), tries to access Post ID #121, s2Member will automatically redirect them to your Membership Options Page, which should contain your PayPal Button(s). I gather you've created a branch "Magazine" Page that is linked to from your Membership Options Page. That's fine as well. The Membership Options Page does not absolutely have to be the page that contains your PayPal Buttons, but it should at least provide links to the Page(s) that do. Just be sure, that Posts/Pages containing PayPal Buttons, are NEVER protected from public access. Public visitors need to have access to these PayPal Buttons, so they can click them to complete a transaction that grants them access.

*Tip* make sure you're NOT logged into the site as the Admin whenever you test access restrictions.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin