PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Collecting Subscription Info from PayPal using Profile ID

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Collecting Subscription Info from PayPal using Profile ID

Postby jontroth » July 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

s2member is great!

I have 4 levels of subscription, 0=free, 1=basic, 2=pro, 3=ultra.
Within each of those levels I have three paypal buttons Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly.

Is there a way to track buttons by ID or maybe check my paypal account by PayPal Profile ID to see what the user purchased and how long the subscription goes for.

Or do I need to mod the plugin to record these?

Hope this all makes sense, and I hope someone can help.

Thanks
Jon
jontroth

Re: Collecting Subscription Info from PayPal using Profile I

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 8th, 2010, 6:23 am

Hi Jon. Thanks for the kudos.

Is there a way to track buttons by ID or maybe check my paypal account by PayPal Profile ID to see what the user purchased and how long the subscription goes for.

s2Member keeps track of each PayPal Subscription ID. You can log into your WP Dashboard, and go to: Users. In the list of Users, you will see the PayPal Subscription ID for each purchase. You can then log into your PayPal account and reference the paid Subscription that matches what s2Member recorded.

Or do I need to mod the plugin to record these?

I suppose it depends on your specific requirements. s2Member communicates back and forth with PayPal throughout the lifetime of each Subscription, and it also handles cancellations, terminations, failed payments, refunds, charge backs, etc. - All of this communication occurs through s2Member's IPN integration with PayPal.

If you need something other than a Subscription ID listed in your WP database, then yes, you'll need to modify the plugin to collect that additional information. Or, you can also use s2Member's API Notifications to collect additional information in response to certain events ( recommended ).

See: s2Member -> API Notifications from your WP Dashboard.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin