PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Single Page Download - unlimited?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Re: Single Page Download - unlimited?

Postby mrsshopper » August 5th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Once the customer pays for the product via Paypal (I used the s2member paypal options/buttons) they receive an email (configured in s2member, again in the paypal module) and includes this sentence:
Your order can be retrieved here:
http://tinyurl.com/[and there is a short number here]
( link expires in 1 day )

When one clicks on that tiny url, or copy/pastes it, it gives them access to my product. That is fine if they paid for it, but they can email that link and others can access the page and downloads as well.

As to where the tiny.url link comes from, I assumed it was from s2member because the rest of the email is from s2member (my site).
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby mrsshopper » August 5th, 2010, 1:47 pm

I just checked and this is in the configured email in the paypal module of s2member (Specific Post/Page Confirmation Email Subject:)
Your order can be retrieved here:
%%sp_access_url%%
( link expires in %%sp_access_exp%% )
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 1:50 pm

OK. I see what you're talking about now. Thanks for clarifying.

Yes, that tinyURL is generated by s2Member so it can pass through an email gracefully. This link IS protected though. It cannot be passed around the Internet, because it is protected by the IP protection routines that can be configured inside your WP Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> General Options -> IP Restrictions

In addition, the link will self-expire, based on the way
you generated your PayPal Button Code. In this example, that is 1 day.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby mrsshopper » August 5th, 2010, 1:55 pm

I currently have it set at 3 IPs per customer. So if I had 3 IPs per customer, and had sent the link to 3 computers at 3 different locations it would all be accessible, but if I sent it to a 4th location then the link would be disabled (punished?) Just want to be clear - so perhaps I should only have 2 IPs per customer in that case - ideally it would be 1 IP but most people I know would access via their computer, iphone, work, etc.
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Thanks for reporting back.
I currently have it set at 3 IPs per customer. So if I had 3 IPs per customer, and had sent the link to 3 computers at 3 different locations it would all be accessible, but if I sent it to a 4th location then the link would be disabled (punished?) Just want to be clear - so perhaps I should only have 2 IPs per customer in that case - ideally it would be 1 IP but most people I know would access via their computer, iphone, work, etc.

Yes, you are correct in all cases; and yes.. having just ONE unique IP would probably cause complaints.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby mrsshopper » August 5th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Thank you. That explains it. I appreciate your help. Sending a donation.
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 3:09 pm

You're VERY welcome. It was my pleasure.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby mrsshopper » August 5th, 2010, 4:16 pm

Jason, a couple other questions:
1) when someone purchases via Paypal e-check, is the download DELAYED until the funds clear? And if not, is there a way to delay the email that sends the download cheque, otherwise they can get the product for free if their cheque does not clear.
2) if someone disputes via Paypal after paying for the product saying they did not receive the e-product, is there a log that can be shown to Paypal to prove that the download link was sent?
Thank you!
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Thanks for the great questions.
1) when someone purchases via Paypal e-check, is the download DELAYED until the funds clear? And if not, is there a way to delay the email that sends the download cheque, otherwise they can get the product for free if their cheque does not clear.

No, at the present time ( s2Member v3.1.5 ), an e-check transaction passes through; just like any other transaction, without any concern for whether it's pending or not. This may change in a future release; but for now, you can either accept eChecks, or you can choose to NOT accept eChecks. If you would rather not accept eCheck transactions, you can disable them from inside your PayPal account
( PayPal Account -> My Profile -> Payment Receiving Preferences )

2) if someone disputes via Paypal after paying for the product saying they did not receive the e-product, is there a log that can be shown to Paypal to prove that the download link was sent?

Yes. However, you will need to enable this feature. From your WP Dashboard, go to: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details, and enable s2Member's logging routines. s2Member will record when/why and to whom the email was sent. This information is stored inside: /plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby donlagarto » March 6th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Hello Jason.

First of all I am not a 100% fluent in english, so please excuse any mistake.

I sell digital downloads, and I was trying ot use the Specific Post/Page feature, meaning I don't want my customers to have to log in in order to download the files they just bought.

Right now everything is working perfect up to the point where they click on the file to perform the download, as soon as they do all they get is this message:

503 ( Invalid Key ): Sorry, your access to this file has expired. Please contact Support for assistance.

This should not happen, because they are comming straight back from Paypal, hence a new fresh key should have generated; but for some reason the system seems to be either failing to read the key or not generating a key at all, I don't know.

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas?

Here is an example of the link code I am currently using:

<a href="http://mysite.com/?s2member_file_download=File.avi&s2member_file_download_key=<?php echo s2member_file_download_key("File.avi"); ?>Click her to download - File.avi</a>

Please let me know if you would like to me give you ftp access, or if you need my help to replicate the error so can you take a look at it. I am also willing to pay for your troubleshooting.

BTW, I think S2member is awesome.
donlagarto

Postby fbapps » April 28th, 2011, 4:24 am

Hi everyone,

I have tried both. Both worked like a charm.
1.) Tested the first download from outside, it directed my download link to member options page. I used 2nd email to register and login into protected page, can just download there.

2) The 2nd download-advanced option was more complicated. However, I still could download on the protected page at instant speed ( Time sensitive ).
Many things need to be done before using PHP code. I was using the first time and I set it straight!

From WP dashboard: Usage Configurations-Executing PHP code

exec-php/docs/readme.html#execute_php

With Exec-PHP you can execute PHP code in the excerpt and the content portion of your posts and pages (in the following called articles) as also as in text widgets. To execute code, just type in the PHP code as you usually would, encapsulated in <?php ?> tags.

Writing code in articles or text widgets may require some further tuning to the blog and user settings. To have the plugin work properly with PHP code in the content of a users article, do as follows:

* Disable tag balancing 'WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically' through the 'Settings > Write' menu in WordPress
* Disable the WYSIWYG editor in the user's settings through the 'Users > Your Profile' menu
* Assign the 'unfiltered_html' capability to the user
* Assign the 'exec_php' capability to the user

>> Write articles with php, must off the visual editor from my profile.
>>Write articles without php, just ignore the warnings.

Enabling Visual Editor: Install plugins below
"deactive-visual-editor".

Thank you for S2 member
Have a great day
fbapps

Postby Jason Caldwell » April 29th, 2011, 4:02 pm

Hey, thanks for posting this.
~ Much appreciated.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Previous

Return to s2Member Plugin