PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Can we activate plugins ON and OFF for diff level users ?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Can we activate plugins ON and OFF for diff level users ?

Postby cooljaz124 » July 9th, 2010, 2:46 pm

Hi,

S2 Membeship plugins is an awesome plugin. But, my concern is that I need to make just 2 levels of membership. One for free users and other as paid users.

Im using wordpress MU. The paid memebers can enjoy using a plugins activated in the site, while the free users must not be able to activate the plugin. Like the wp_robot plugin.

Is it possible ? I have seen options for hiding posts/pages/categories/tags for free memebers , but is plugin activating and deactivating possible ??

Please help with a possible solution.

I need paid memebers to use wp_robot plugin while, free users cant b able to use that.

Thanks
Jaz
cooljaz124
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Can we activate plugins ON and OFF for diff level users

Postby jannesh » July 11th, 2010, 4:48 am

Hi Jaz

It is possible to disable plugins per membership level, but you need to modify the code of the plugin to do it. WPMU also has a few problems with this as s2Member is not fully integrated with MU,

I have done a mod like this to some plugins for a WPMU site and I am prepared to help for a small fee. PM me if you need further assistance

JannesH
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: Can we activate plugins ON and OFF for diff level users

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 14th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Hi Jaz. JannesH is absolutely correct. s2Member is NOT yet compatible with WPMU without some hacks being required. We are working to release a new version of s2Member that will be compatible with WP 3.0 Multisite Networking, but we're not there just yet.

Either way though, with a multisite install, I recommend professional assistance.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin