PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

PaymentS On Hold

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

PaymentS On Hold

Postby drbyte » July 10th, 2010, 1:01 am

Hey Jason

I have a case with one of my members where he bought a membership on June 9th for 3 months. Here are the Tran.

Jun 9, 2010 -----Subscription Creation From -----[name of customer] Canceled Details
Jun 9, 2010 -----Payment From [name of customer] Held Details Payment From [ name of customer] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $12.00 -$0.65 $11.35 USD
Jul 9, 2010 Payment From [name of customer] Held Details Payment From [name of customer] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX $12.00 -$0.65 $11.35 USD
Jul 9, 2010 Subscription Cancellation From [name of customer] Canceled Details
Jul 9, 2010 Temporary Hold To Buyer Dispute Placed Details Temporary Hold To Buyer Dispute XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -$12.00 $0.65 -$11.35 USD
Jul 9, 2010 Temporary Hold To Buyer Dispute Placed Details Temporary Hold To Buyer Dispute xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -$12.00 $0.65 -$11.35 USD

Now with all that above the member was able to create an account with my site and been browsing since June 9th

2 things, is there any possible way to place that member on HOLD until this matter is resolved? I did not see that option within Wordpress or s2Member

The other is how they could do the above. The Member Automatic EOT Time:
( based on server time ) is set to be Mon Aug 9, 2010 12:43 pm UTC as the option he asked for was the 90 days for $12.00

Any idea? Thank you
drbyte
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: PaymentS On Hold

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 16th, 2010, 12:37 am

is there any possible way to place that member on HOLD until this matter is resolved? I did not see that option within Wordpress or s2Member

Yes, you can log into your WP Dashboard, and navigate to the "Users" menu. Find that particular Customer and click Edit next to their name in the list. Change their Role to a "Free Subscriber", thereby demoting them temporarily. This will effectively remove their access to paid features on your site.

The other is how they could do the above.

Do you have an IPN log file that you can send me? The transaction descriptions you've provided above are difficult to analyze, because they're not actual commands that come through in the communication to s2Member. If you have logging enabled, under: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details, you will find your log file inside: /plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log

If you don't have the log file, just let me know. I'll walk you through some possible scenarios that may shed some light. I'd like to have a look at your log file though, just to be sure. Another way to obtain the IPN log, is by logging into your PayPal Account. PayPal maintains a log of all IPN responses.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin