PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Subscription Upgrade Failed

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Subscription Upgrade Failed

Postby lunaKM » July 11th, 2010, 10:21 am

When I was testing with sandbox things worked fine.

I opened my site for testing and the first subscription I got I was notified via paypal that it went through but the user has not been upgraded in admin.

Looking at the PayPal options, it appears I forgot to upgrade my paypal account to a business account (which I subsequently corrected). Could this have been why it failed?

In the rtn logs it states: Unable to verify POST vars. This is most likely related to an invalid PayPal® configuration. Please check: s2Member -> PayPal® Options. The ipn log has the array of information so that I can manually upgrade the user. For the manual upgrade will I need to fill in the EOT or just the subscriber id?

All other options are correct and reverified after the failed upgrade. Would the fact that I didn't have a business account cause the failure?
lunaKM

Re: Subscription Upgrade Failed

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 14th, 2010, 5:15 pm

All other options are correct and reverified after the failed upgrade. Would the fact that I didn't have a business account cause the failure?

Yes, the lack of a Business account will cause this to happen.

You can just upgrade the Customer's account manually through your WP Dashboard; and if you have a Subscription ID or a Transaction ID, you can enter that manually as well. Just go to Users in your WP Dashboard.

Yes, you WILL want to set the Auto-EOT Time in this case, because the original transaction did not go through with a Business IPN tied to it, so you'll need to tell s2Member when to terminate/demote the account by setting an Auto-EOT Time manually.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby lunaKM » July 21st, 2010, 9:31 pm

Thank you for your reply. If the upgrade was for a monthly subscription, what would you suggest I put in the EOT Time? Since I entered the PayPal subscription ID will s2 fetch the data is needs to continue the subscription when payment time is due?
lunaKM

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 5:52 am

No, if it was a recurring "Subscription", and you've given s2Member the matching Subscription ID, that's all you need to do. You can leave the Auto-EOT field empty. s2Member will handle everything on it's own now.

When the Subscription ends, expires, is cancelled, or payments fail; s2Member will be notified by PayPal through the IPN service. So long as s2Member knows what the Subscription ID is, it can deal with all of these situations automatically; all on its own.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Physlab » July 22nd, 2010, 7:49 am

I am having a similar problem integrating a PayPal payment and a user level through s2Member. The PayPal payment notification comes through, but the paid user is identified as a Subscriber (default Wordpress setting) rather than a level 3 or Gold member. What s2Member setting am I missing? I can upgrade the paid user manually, but I want this to work automatically.

Physlab
Physlab

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 6:40 pm

That is very interesting. This is not quite the same issue described above, but just as important. Can you please paste in the PayPal Button Shortcode that you're using? Or did you use the Full Button Code? It sounds like the `item_number` field in your Button Code is corrupted.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Physlab » July 22nd, 2010, 8:36 pm

I used the Full Button Code as the short code did not create a button. Here is the code.

Physlab

Code: Select all
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post"><input name="business" type="hidden" value="LowellHerr@comcast.net" /> <input name="cmd" type="hidden" value="_xclick-subscriptions" /> <!-- Instant Payment Notification & Return Page Details --><input name="notify_url" type="hidden" value="http://lherr.org/ita/?s2member_paypal_notify=1" /> <input name="cancel_return" type="hidden" value="http://lherr.org/ita" /> <input name="return" type="hidden" value="http://lherr.org/ita/?s2member_paypal_return=1" /> <input name="rm" type="hidden" value="2" /> <!-- Configures All Of The Checkout Fields --><input name="no_shipping" type="hidden" value="1" /> <input name="no_note" type="hidden" value="1" /> <input name="custom" type="hidden" value="lherr.org" /> <input name="currency_code" type="hidden" value="USD" /> <input name="page_style" type="hidden" value="paypal" /> <input name="item_name" type="hidden" value="Gold" /> <input name="item_number" type="hidden" value="3" /> <!-- Identifies/Updates An Existing Member After Checkout --><input name="on0" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_ON0; ?/&gt;" /> <input name="os0" type="hidden" value="&lt;?php echo S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_VALUE_FOR_PP_OS0; ?/&gt;" /> <input name="modify" type="hidden" value="0" /> <!-- Customizes Prices, Payments & Billing Cycle --><!--<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="5.00" />--><input name="src" type="hidden" value="1" /> <input name="sra" type="hidden" value="1" /> <!--<input type="hidden" name="a1" value="0.00" />--><!--<input type="hidden" name="p1" value="0" />--><!--<input type="hidden" name="t1" value="D" />--><input name="a3" type="hidden" value="5.00" /> <input name="p3" type="hidden" value="1" /> <input name="t3" type="hidden" value="M" /> <!-- Displays The PayPal® Image Button --><input alt="PayPal®" src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_xpressCheckout.gif" style="border: 0pt none;" type="image" /></form>
Physlab

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 9:32 pm

OK. That looks fine. How about your log files?

In your WP Dashboard, you can enable IPN logging, by going to:
s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Debugging/Logging

Run a test transaction that reproduces this error, and then post your log file.
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-rtn.log

~ Thanks. Once I see your log file, it may shed some light.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Physlab » July 23rd, 2010, 6:47 am

Jason,

These are long so here is the last ipn log. Then I will include the last rtn log. Note: Before I take up much of your time on this issue, I should have someone run a new check to make sure the problem is not the fault of the person attempting to sign up rather than a problem tied to the software or how I have it set up.

array (
  'txn_type' => 'subscr_signup',
  'subscr_id' => 'S-2HX81469FH958191T',
  'last_name' => 'Martin',
  'residence_country' => 'US',
  'mc_currency' => 'USD',
  'item_name' => 'Gold Membership - ITA Wealth Management',
  'business' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'amount3' => '5.00',
  'recurring' => '1',
  'verify_sign' => 'An5ns1Kso7MWUdW4ErQKJJJ4qi4-A7NiHqIsXFhFdChh3KcpZwJCqtc4',
  'payer_status' => 'verified',
  'payer_email' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'first_name' => 'Steve',
  'receiver_email' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'payer_id' => 'AV9W3SDYNNK7W',
  'reattempt' => '0',
  'subscr_date' => '15:04:07 Jul 21, 2010 PDT',
  'btn_id' => '18073329',
  'charset' => 'windows-1252',
  'notify_version' => '3.0',
  'period3' => '1 M',
  'mc_amount3' => '5.00',
  's2member_log' =>
  array (
    0 => 'IPN received on: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:04:16 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
    2 => 'Unable to verify _SERVER[HTTP_HOST]. Possibly caused by a fraudulent request. If this error continues, please check the `custom` value in your Form and/or Button Code. It MUST always start with your domain name.',
  ),
  'custom' => false,
)

And here is the last rtn log.

array (
  'mc_gross' => '2.00',
  'protection_eligibility' => 'Eligible',
  'address_status' => 'confirmed',
  'payer_id' => 'TJFFCZQF9W3DC',
  'tax' => '0.00',
  'address_street' => '3406 SE Gladstone Street',
  'payment_date' => '08:41:51 Jul 19, 2010 PDT',
  'payment_status' => 'Completed',
  'charset' => 'windows-1252',
  'address_zip' => '97202',
  'first_name' => 'Eric',
  'mc_fee' => '0.36',
  'address_country_code' => 'US',
  'address_name' => 'Eric Herr',
  'payer_status' => 'unverified',
  'business' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'address_country' => 'United States',
  'address_city' => 'Portland',
  'quantity' => '1',
  'payer_email' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'txn_id' => '68F64277S3512182V',
  'payment_type' => 'instant',
  'last_name' => 'Herr',
  'address_state' => 'OR',
  'receiver_email' => 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx',
  'payment_fee' => '0.36',
  'receiver_id' => 'BD2WQ45UAVRTW',
  'txn_type' => 'web_accept',
  'item_name' => 'How To Begin',
  'mc_currency' => 'USD',
  'item_number' => '1',
  'residence_country' => 'US',
  'handling_amount' => '0.00',
  'transaction_subject' => 'How To Begin',
  'payment_gross' => '2.00',
  'shipping' => '0.00',
  's2member_log' =>
  array (
    0 => 'Return-Data received on: Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:42:00 pm UTC',
    1 => 's2Member POST vars verified through a POST back to PayPal®.',
    2 => 'Unable to verify _SERVER[HTTP_HOST]. Please check the `custom` value in your Button Code. It MUST start with your domain name.',
    3 => 'Redirecting Customer to the Login Page, due to an error that occurred.',
  ),
)

I see an error occurred in this log. Hope you can help me out.

Lowell
Physlab

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 28th, 2010, 4:59 am

Hi Lowell. Thanks for reporting back.

This error indicates that no "custom" value was sent over in your Button Code. If you're using the Full Button Code, or a PayPal-generated Button Code, please make sure your "custom" value starts with your domain name.
<input name="custom" type="hidden" value="lherr.org" />

Please report back if you can. ~ Thanks.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin