PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Paypal AutoReturn Not Functioning

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Paypal AutoReturn Not Functioning

Postby BrendanRohan » May 7th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Hi. Firstly, killer plugin!!! Secondly, I installed s2member on a Buddpress standard WP install and got an error. It worked fine at the paypal end and my test user signed a new subscription and I got paid, but the REDIRECT BACK TO MY SITE didn't link through. So, being curious, I decided to set up a test account on WP as though she HAD made it back and got her to login, etc and it all worked fine. So, somewhere in the middle is a glitch and I'm not sure where. I have looked at every setting but...
I checked the Paypal Autoreturn section and used the url at Paypal
http://www.my-kinesiologist.com/?s2memb ... l_notify=1
Is this correct? Also, the confirmation email she recieved did not have a link to the sign up page on my site. It only had a "1".
Thanks in advance,
Brendan
BrendanRohan

Re: Paypal AutoReturn Not Functioning

Postby rossagrant » May 8th, 2010, 10:37 am

Brendan are you using version 2.9.3?

I think this bug was ironed out a couple of versions ago.
rossagrant
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby BrendanRohan » May 9th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Ahhh, so there was a bug - cool! I thought it was just me. Yes, I've just upgraded to the newest version, 2.9.3. I will run a test and see how it's working.
BrendanRohan

Postby BrendanRohan » May 10th, 2010, 12:02 am

Okay, I still get an error message... ( even with version 2.9.3 )
"ERROR...unable to varify post vars. Please contact support for assistance. This is most likely related to an invalid paypalA registration configuration. If you are the site owner, please check; s2member-> paypalA options."
Again, the paypal subscription appears on my paypal and I am paid... but my test customers aren't redirected. ( I'm planning to open the site later this week but need to iron this thing out ).
Thanks
BrendanRohan

Postby rossagrant » May 10th, 2010, 11:16 am

The Post Vars problem was addressed in ver 2.9.3 also.

Is your paypal account a business account and verified?

I'm sure Jason will take a look at this and be able to advise you as soon as he sees this thread.
rossagrant
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 13th, 2010, 1:19 am

Hi Brendan, thanks for the kudos!
It sounds like you're missing the PDT Identity token.

Here are some things I would check on:
  • Do you have a PayPal Business account, and is it in a "verified" status? Even if you're testing in the Sandbox, your Test Business account needs to be in a "verified" status.
  • Do you have both Auto-Return and PDT enabled? If you enabled both of these, did you supply s2Member with your PDT Identity Token? See: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Auto-Return/PDT.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby C Milford Trent » May 13th, 2010, 5:38 pm

Hey there, I'm still having this issue with version 2.9.4. I'm testing in the paypal sandbox and have been over my config about 100 times to be sure - also scoured the comments and forum sections to see if I'm missing something but to no avail. I have bothAuto Return and PDT set to "on" and I've entered my PDT into s2member. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
On a side note, can I congratulate you for creating the nicest looking and best designed plugin I've ever had the pleasure of using! Everything about it is expertly crafted right down to the code packaging and comments - stellar job lads, I'll be donating as soon as I can rustle the funds together to do it justice ;)
C Milford Trent

Postby Jason Caldwell » May 19th, 2010, 7:13 am

Please upgrade to s2Member v3.0+ and let me know if the problem still exists for you. If you continue to have problems, also check to make sure that you've entered a "Sandbox" email address into the s2Member -> PayPal Options panel, that you've enabled Sandbox Mode, and make sure that your Button Codes were generated at a time when s2Member was configured with Sandbox mode on.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby C Milford Trent » May 19th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Hey Jason,
Thanks for the response. Yea I've covered all of your suggestions but still no luck, despite upgrading. I can understand how hard/impossible it may be to offer any further help but if you could offer me any debugging tips that I might apply that'd be great! In the mean time I'll try and grab the offending post vars in the response I'm getting from paypal and see what's going on :)
Thanks for your help once again!

...on further examination it seems the hosting provider hasn't included https in the cURL protocol list so I'll try to get that set and see how I get on.
C Milford Trent

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 24th, 2010, 1:08 am

You might try this again in the latest version of s2Member. Starting with s2Member 3.0.6+, there is no longer a cURL requirement. s2Member now utilizes the built-in WordPress HTTP classes, which do a better job at finding solutions based on the installation environment. Please report back if you can. ~ Thanks!

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby pistol » June 24th, 2010, 9:42 am

I am having the same trouble. I have upgraded to the latest version. I am still getting a parse error and no return to the site.

I have tripled checked all of the things you have mentioned above. Any ideas?
pistol
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 26th, 2010, 2:28 am

C Milford Trent wrote:Hey there, I'm still having this issue with version 2.9.4. I'm testing in the paypal sandbox and have been over my config about 100 times to be sure - also scoured the comments and forum sections to see if I'm missing something but to no avail. I have bothAuto Return and PDT set to "on" and I've entered my PDT into s2member. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!
On a side note, can I congratulate you for creating the nicest looking and best designed plugin I've ever had the pleasure of using! Everything about it is expertly crafted right down to the code packaging and comments - stellar job lads, I'll be donating as soon as I can rustle the funds together to do it justice ;)

If I didn't mention it before. Thank you for the kudos!

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » June 26th, 2010, 2:28 am

pistol wrote:I am having the same trouble. I have upgraded to the latest version. I am still getting a parse error and no return to the site.

I have tripled checked all of the things you have mentioned above. Any ideas?

Thanks for reporting this. What is the parse error that you're getting?

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby drbyte » June 26th, 2010, 8:22 am

Disable Buddypress and all plugins and try again. Just WP and s2Member at first. Do yo have WP Super Cache installed? if yes, clear it and delete expired pages.

Good Luck
drbyte
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 11:44 pm

Marking this resolved. ~Thanks.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin