PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

NOT WORKING WITH MULTI-CATEGORIES

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

NOT WORKING WITH MULTI-CATEGORIES

Postby MAREK » July 12th, 2010, 9:16 am

Hi.

I have defined protected category (free-recipes-for-members), so all fine when accessing:
/category/free-recipes-for-members/

The problem starts when listing a 2nd category. If a post is on free-recipes-for-members and that 2nd category it is displayed on the list :(

How can I fix it?

All seems to be OK when trying to access that single post - I am taken into the MEMBERS login page.

Believe it is the same problem with search results and RSS?
MAREK

Re: NOT WORKING WITH MULTI-CATEGORIES

Postby mm » July 14th, 2010, 12:30 am

Anyone?
mm
Guest User
Guest User

Re: NOT WORKING WITH MULTI-CATEGORIES

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 14th, 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi there. I'm not sure that I understand completely, but let me explain the difference between Post Level Protection, and Category Level Protection. Hopefully this will clear things up a bit.

If you protect a Post ID, it ONLY protects the Permalink for that Post. In other words, an Excerpt for that Post could still be displayed in an archive view ( i.e. search results, category listings, author lists, date listings, etc ). If you would like to prevent an archive view from being listed, you will need to protect an entire Category ID, or an entire Tag.

For example, if you want to block access to Post ID# 123, and that Post resides in Category ID# 442, you can either protect the Permalink ONLY, by entering 123 into s2Member -> General Options -> Post Level Access. OR, you could skip that, and instead, protect the entire Category, by entering 442 into Category Level Access.

Please let me know if you need more information. ~Thanks.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin