PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

buddypress

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

buddypress

Postby VolutedTales » July 15th, 2010, 8:01 am

Can s2member be set within a wordpress+buddypress site to be available only to super admin, and not available generally to all users in their dashboards?

I wish to assign it to several blogs, and selected pages etc, for myself, but not have it available generally to the buddypress bloggers own sites/dashbaords.

I can see how to activate/deactivate it in dashboard, but in test blogs under diff' names I have s2member available to users. Can this be restricted only to super admin to use and assign to selected blogs and pages?

New to this stuff, so talk slow please :)

Thanks, Mark.
VolutedTales
Guest User
Guest User

Re: buddypress

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 16th, 2010, 12:04 am

Hi Mark. Are you running WP 3.0 with Multisite enabled?
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby volutedtales » July 16th, 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for answering :)

I honestly have no idea posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=384#

I've just now looked thoroughly thru the dashboard everywhere that I can, but I can find no mention of 'Multisite' anywhere.

It is wpmu 3.0, just updated, but you'll need to tell me where to find the 'multisite' settings to be able to answer that one.

I can tell you that the buddypress, with it's multiple sites/blogs, is enabled, if that's what you mean?

Sometimes, just learning the terminology experts use so that I can understand the question is a good first stephttp://www.primothemes.com/forums/p ... f=4&t=384#

Mark.
volutedtales
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 18th, 2010, 3:53 am

Gotchya. Thanks for the followup Mark.

WPMU is essentially the same thing as Multisite Networking. As of WordPress 3.0, WPMU is now built right into the main WordPress distribution. The two applications were merged into one. Only, instead of being called WPMU, it is now referred to as Multisite Networking.

s2Member is not yet compatible with WPMU or Multisite Networking. This is a very high priority though, so please stay tuned for the latest updates. You can also check this thread [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=313&p=1338&hilit=multisite#p1338 ]
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin