PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Is this possible with S2M either free or pro?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Is this possible with S2M either free or pro?

Postby Sleepless » July 15th, 2010, 9:12 pm

Hello,

I´m using classipress to run a personal ads website (woman seeks man, etc...) I need a membership plugin to use with ClassiPress, so people can contact the ad posters, but that I can manually add or remove days left for each registered member because I do not use paypal and it seems that S2M only works with paypal. I basically need members to register and they´ll have L-0 access which is free for all, and when they decide to upgrade they have to buy a 1, 6, 12 or lifetime membership so they can be able to contact the ad posters. But most of my users pay for their memberships via bank deposits, a payment gateway different from paypal or paying in cash directly at my real store.

So when member "example1" registers on my site he has free access and can browse all ads but not be able to contact the person who posted the ad. When he decides to upgrade he has to make his payment (via bank deposit, ecommerce gateway (not paypal), or walk in payment) and once the payment is done I have to go to my admin section, search for that member "example1" and add the days he has paid for to his account to make it Level 1, 2 ,3 o 4 depending on which membership he bought and send him a message telling him that his membership has been upgraded, so he can now contact the ads posters. All this is done manually ad it´s a PITA but I´see no other way of doing it.

Thanks for the time reading my post, I will appreciate any comments or ideas you might have.

Regards,

Sleepless
Sleepless
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Is this possible with S2M either free or pro?

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 16th, 2010, 12:51 am

Hi there. Thanks for the great question.

In either case, ( s2Member, or s2Member Pro ), you can always accept cash, check by mail, payment through a Virtual Terminal, etc. s2Member is fully compatible with this.

Once you have payment, log into your WP Dashboard, and go to: Users -> Add New, or find an existing User in your list of "Users". Click "Edit" next to their name in the list. You can assign them one of the s2Member Roles, and even go back and edit their specific account details if you need to.

There is also a place on the User Edit panel where you can manually update a PayPal Subscr. ID, or this can be a PayPal transaction ID, or a transaction ID from another gateway if you need that. Administrative notations are also possible, giving you the ability to add private notes that your staff can use to record other details.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin