PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

restrict group creation - wp+buddypress

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

restrict group creation - wp+buddypress

Postby Nit3watch » July 16th, 2010, 4:41 am

Hi im trying to restrict group creation in buddypress using the s2memebers plug-in.

Ive set:
    Open Registration / Free Subscribers ( optional ) - yes
    URI Level Access Restrictions ( optional ) >> Level #1 Or Higher: /groups/create

am I using the correct uri? the full url is: http://localhost/wordpress/groups/create

When I register a new user and try create a group, there's no restriction.
Havnt set up anything with paypal yet, just want to test 1st. Also Im testing on localhost - xampp

Another question: If some of my users ( higher than 'level 0' ) pay via bank deposit or cash, will I be able to manually set their level for the set period according to payment I've received other than paypal?
Thanks
Nit3watch
Guest User
Guest User

Re: restrict group creation - wp+buddypress

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 18th, 2010, 1:17 am

am I using the correct uri? the full url is: http://localhost/wordpress/groups/create

Yes, that is correct.
When I register a new user and try create a group, there's no restriction.
Havnt set up anything with paypal yet, just want to test 1st. Also Im testing on localhost - xampp

This is due to the "localhost" bug in s2Member. This has been corrected in v3.1.3+, to be released soon. Until then, please have a look at this thread. It's a quick fix that gets s2Member working under a "localhost" installation. [ viewtopic.php?f=4&t=381&p=1556&hilit=MAMP#p1551 ]
Another question: If some of my users ( higher than 'level 0' ) pay via bank deposit or cash, will I be able to manually set their level for the set period according to payment I've received other than paypal?

Yes, In either case, ( s2Member, or s2Member Pro ), you can always accept cash, check by mail, payment through a Virtual Terminal, etc. s2Member is fully compatible with this.

Once you have payment, log into your WP Dashboard, and go to: Users -> Add New, or find an existing User in your list of "Users". Click "Edit" next to their name in the list. You can assign them one of the s2Member Roles, and even go back and edit their specific account details if you need to.

There is also a place on the User Edit panel where you can manually update a PayPal Subscr. ID, or this can be a PayPal transaction ID, or a transaction ID from another gateway if you need that. Administrative notations are also possible, giving you the ability to add private notes that your staff can use to record other details.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Nit3watch » July 18th, 2010, 7:27 am

Thanks Jason. Nice detailed response. Something I look for when choosing a service, will definitely try it out.
Nit3watch
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 6:04 am

~Very welcome!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin