PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Disable User Registration

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Disable User Registration

Postby Brian Hatano » July 18th, 2010, 2:54 am

I have open registration disabled, but if I go directly to the wp registration page, it allows anyone to register and have full access.

I have page and post access set to "all" for Level 1, so I'm not sure why this is happening. This seems like a basic problem that I probably caused, but any ideas on why the security breach?

Thanks for the help!
Brian Hatano

Re: Disable User Registration

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 18th, 2010, 3:11 am

Hi Brian. Thanks for the report.

Make sure that you're not logged in as an Administrator during your testing. Administrators will always have the ability to register. s2Member does this purposely. Once you're logged out, you can re-test and registration should be disabled. If that does not work, clear your cache and delete browser cookies.

Also, check: s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration. That needs to be Off.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Brian Hatano » July 18th, 2010, 5:35 am

Thanks for the quick reply, Jason!

I made sure I was logged out and Open Registration was not allowed before testing the first time, but maybe the cache or cookies were causing me to be given access to registration...

It's working properly now, though. Any ideas on why I was given access to a registration page the first time? Hopefully not repeatable by a hacker, I presume...
Brian Hatano

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 6:02 am

Thanks for reporting back Brian.
I can only assume it had something to do with cookie authentication, a browser cache, or you were logged in as an Administrator. If you experience this again, and you cannot attribute the problem to one of the circumstances that I've mentioned here; please report back so we can re-open this ticket.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin