PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Post restrictions, S2Member and Mailchimp integration

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Post restrictions, S2Member and Mailchimp integration

Postby anton » July 20th, 2010, 1:16 am

Hi there,
I just installed S2Member and testing it out to see if it would be a good fit for my site.
So far I like it a lot, but I have a couple of questions.
1. It's not exactly clear how to secure a post. I restricted access to all posts for paid members only via general options. For some reason when I create a new post, content of the post fully publicly visible in a post page. It directs me to a membership options only when I click on the title of the post. Am I missing something?
2. I tried to restrict access to a post page, and once again, the content of the page is accessed publicly, by nonmember visitor. I can restrict access to other pages, except the post page.
3.Is it possible, now or in the future, from inside S2Member to be able to create and send a mailchimp email campaign generated from a new blog post?

I would appreciate your feedback and clarifications.
Thanks,
Anton Alksnin
anton

Re: Post restrictions, S2Member and Mailchimp integration

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 11:39 pm

Thanks for the great questions.
1. It's not exactly clear how to secure a post. I restricted access to all posts for paid members only via general options. For some reason when I create a new post, content of the post fully publicly visible in a post page. It directs me to a membership options only when I click on the title of the post. Am I missing something?
If you protect a Post ID, it ONLY protects the Permalink for that Post. In other words, an Excerpt for that Post could still be displayed in an archive view ( i.e. search results, category listings, author lists, date listings, etc ). If you would like to prevent an archive view from being listed, you will need to protect an entire Category ID, or an entire Tag.

For example, if you want to block access to Post ID# 123, and that Post resides in Category ID# 442, you can either protect the Permalink ONLY, by entering 123 into s2Member -> General Options -> Post Level Access. OR, you could skip that, and instead, protect the entire Category, by entering 442 into Category Level Access.

Please let me know if you need more information. ~Thanks.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 11:42 pm

3.Is it possible, now or in the future, from inside S2Member to be able to create and send a mailchimp email campaign generated from a new blog post?

Sorry. No, that is not possible. That's a great idea, but I would consider this feature to be outside the scope of s2Member's primary purpose. We do have plans to improve upon the existing integration with MailChimp. However, I doubt this particular feature will be added anytime soon.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby anton » July 25th, 2010, 7:53 pm

Thank you Jason
anton

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 28th, 2010, 8:07 am

You're very welcome~

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin