PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Members Unique ID

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Members Unique ID

Postby YNPNNYC » July 21st, 2010, 1:26 pm

Hi,

We are trying to give our members a Unique ID they can present for discounts they are able to receive. Is there a way we can generate this with s2Member and can it be sent automatically in the registration confirmation email?

Thank you,

Dana
YNPNNYC

Re: Members Unique ID

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 7:26 pm

Hi Dana. Thanks for the great question.
There are several ways you could do this.

1. If you are only sending this to paid Members, you can use the Replacement Code %%subscr_id%% in your Signup Confirmation Email. This is documented in your WP Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Signup Confirmation Email

2. Or, you could also use one of the Custom Replacement Codes ( %%cv1%% ) perhaps. Also documented under: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Signup Confirmation Email

3. You could access information about a Member with Hooks/Filters; working in conjunction with the actual Registration process; which would provide compatibility with Free Registrations, and not just paid transactions. Here is sample code snippet that might help you, or your developer:

Place something like this inside the functions.php file for your WordPress theme:
Code: Select all
<?php
add_action("ws_plugin__s2member_during_configure_user_registration", "my_function");
function my_function($vars){
$unique_user_id = $vars["user_id"];
// print_r($vars); to get a full list for testing.
}
?>

4. You could also use s2Member's API Notifications. These are dispatched automatically; based on specific events within the s2Member Framework. Check your WP Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> API Notifications

@C/TODO :: In a future release, we need to include the User ID as a Replacement Code for confirmation emails; and anywhere else it may be applicable. This would also be useful in this scenario.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 9:26 pm

@C/TODO :: In a future release, we need to include the User ID as a Replacement Code for confirmation emails; and anywhere else it may be applicable. This would also be useful in this scenario.

@COMPLETED :: ( as of s2Member v3.1.5+ )

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby YNPNNYC » July 27th, 2010, 5:02 pm

Hi Jason,

Thank you for all the options in your reply, I really appreciate it. I will try and see which one I can do, as it's me doing it and I am not a developer, just a tech enthusiast. It would be a great option to include, I've had a few people mention it to me when I've helped in setting this awesome feature up for them.

Thanks,

Dana
YNPNNYC

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 28th, 2010, 8:13 am

Very welcome Dana. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 12:05 pm

@COMPLETED/TODO :: In a future release, we need to include the User ID as a Replacement Code for confirmation emails; and anywhere else it may be applicable. This would also be useful in this scenario.

This topic was addressed gain with the release of s2Member v3.2.

- Replacement Codes. The `%%user_id%%` Replacement Code has been added to several other API Notifications now. Also, there are two new Replacement Codes for Payment Notifications ( `%%subscr_payment%%`, `%%subscr_payment_user_id%%` ). For further details, see: `s2Member -> API Notifications` in your Dashboard.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin