PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

S2Member Sandbox IPN and configuration

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

S2Member Sandbox IPN and configuration

Postby gabygaby » July 22nd, 2010, 7:32 am

Hello

I'm connect in sandbox paypal mode. On my seller sandbox.

1\ I try to enter the IPN URL
http://localhost.com/wopmu/?s2member_paypal_notify=1

But I have Paypal Sandbox error : " We could not validate the URL you have entered."

Do you know how to resolve it ?

2\ The same for the PDT Identity Token
Paypal Sandbox say : "We were unable to validate the URL you have entered".

And Paypal don't give me PDT Identity Token.

3\ I'm not sure to understand all :

- I would like the link after paiement redirect to a page or article where user can register and create blog. Where can I in the option insert this ? This is the PDT link or ?

- Membership Option Page is the page where users see all the level and button to pay ?

- In fact I don't understand when the register page appear and where can I configure it in option to appear directly after paiement ?

I'm not an expert ..
Many, Many thanks if you know ..

My config is s2Member 3.0.9 Free and WP 3.0

Gaby
gabygaby

Re: S2Member Sandbox IPN and configuration

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 22nd, 2010, 6:52 pm

Thanks for the great questions.

While s2Member ( and s2Member Pro ) are now both compatible with localhost installations running on MAMP/WAMP servers; your ability to test these localhost installations is limited to s2Member's routines, and will NOT work with 3rd party services like PayPal. PayPal will reject a "localhost" domain, because it is NOT actually on the web. The solution is to move your development installation onto the web, possibly with a temporary installation of WordPress that will help you through this stage of the process.
2\ The same for the PDT Identity Token
Paypal Sandbox say : "We were unable to validate the URL you have entered".

'' Same issue. PayPal will not validate an Auto-Return URL that contains "localhost", and therefore, an Identity Key will not be provided until you have your site on the web.
- Membership Option Page is the page where users see all the level and button to pay ?

Correct. You insert the PayPal Button Shortcodes ( provided by s2Member's Button Generator ) into the Page you configured as your Membership Options Page for s2Member. This is where a Customer will begin the checkout process.
- In fact I don't understand when the register page appear and where can I configure it in option to appear directly after paiement ?

You don't have to configure anything for this to work. s2Member will handle this all by itself. After checkout, s2Member will provide the Customer with access to the Registration Form. You can customize the Registration Form, inside your WP Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> General Options -> Login/Registration Design
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby gabygaby » July 23rd, 2010, 9:50 am

Many thanks for your response. I 've test onto the web and all work like your answer, it's perfect ! : )

Now, I've some few another question ..

1\ I suppose the administrator and the register user receive paypal mail, with information about the result of the transaction ? (I've read on paypal sandbox, we couldn't receive mail with sandbox).

2\ About the Custom Registration Fields : they don't appear in my register form. I've read I must embbed in a iframe, but in wthich page, in the wp-signup.php (I don't like to modify the native code) ?

They only appear when the super admin want to modify a user.

As same, for user connected and who wants to modify this field, I must embed in a iframe (in which page) ?

3\ The user register is create. But don't have the role. I must affect it manualy ? And don't have the information "s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields" in Site Admin --> Edit User : I've miss something ?

And finally : User can't see his EOT ? Only Super Admin when he see a user detail ?

(Sorry for my probably bad english !)

Many thanks if you know,

Gaby
gabygaby

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 28th, 2010, 5:14 am

Thanks for the great questions.
1\ I suppose the administrator and the register user receive paypal mail, with information about the result of the transaction ? (I've read on paypal sandbox, we couldn't receive mail with sandbox).

Yes, that is correct. The Customer will receive the "Signup Confirmation Email". Which you can configure under: s2Member -> PayPal Options. The site owner receives a notification directly from PayPal ( if you have those notifications enabled ). They are enabled by default in your PayPal account.

2\ About the Custom Registration Fields : they don't appear in my register form. I've read I must embbed in a iframe, but in wthich page, in the wp-signup.php (I don't like to modify the native code) ?

Those instructions are for the Profile Modification Page. The Registration system will work by itself, no coding required. You configure the Custom Registration Fields under: s2Member -> General Options -> Custom Fields. Then, check them out at:
Code: Select all
http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register

I noticed that you referenced wp-signup.php. That file is only available under WPMU. s2Member is not yet compatible with WPMU. So you'll need to install s2Member on a dedicated WordPress installation.

They only appear when the super admin want to modify a user.
As same, for user connected and who wants to modify this field, I must embed in a iframe (in which page) ?

If you're talking about the Profile Modification Page; you embed that into your Login Welcome Page, or any other Page/Post that you've protected with s2Member. It does not matter. It will work for any User/Member, so long as they're logged in.

3\ The user register is create. But don't have the role. I must affect it manualy ? And don't have the information "s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields" in Site Admin --> Edit User : I've miss something ?

s2Member sets the Role dynamically, after a successful checkout through PayPal. If this is not working for you, I'm very sorry. WPMU is not yet supported by s2Member. We are working hard to make s2Member compatible with WordPress 3.0+ Multisite networking though. Look for this to come very soon.

And finally : User can't see his EOT ? Only Super Admin when he see a user detail ?

Correct.

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby gabygaby » September 4th, 2010, 11:13 am

Many thanks for your responses, and sorry for my late answer.

About the register, I have see the new compatibility with WPMU, so I can close this point.

About the Profile Modification Page, I have'nt not yet re-test.

I can close as resolved this subject because you've answer my general comprehension, and will open specific point about profile modification later.

Once again, many thanks.

Gaby
gabygaby

Postby Jason Caldwell » September 7th, 2010, 8:12 pm

Thanks for the follow-up Gaby.
~ Much appreciated.

@resolved.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin