PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

One Time Offers?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

One Time Offers?

Postby timjcarter » July 23rd, 2010, 7:39 am

Thanks for the fast fix for the special redirect urls..

I am using this to show a different one time offer to each different level.

Are you thinking of integrating one time offers? This would be handy as my work around uses cookies and is not foolproof.

Anyway here is how I do it.

First of all, you need to install the Headspace plugin and the WP Hide posts plugin.
You need a javascript program that checks for a cookie name. If it is there it redirects them somewhere else. If not it adds the cookie. I can't share this because I bought it years ago and have no rights to it. You may be able to find one or maybe someone here can write one for us (or Jason can create an integrated solution) :D

This is what I am using:
http://www.promocodesoftware.com/showstopper/

It had a bug where it was putting out session cookies. instead of permanent cookies. I think they fixed it but of not post here if you use it and I will post the solution.

It should use variables for cookie name, redirect url and cookie expiration date (long away from the time it is created).

Now create a one time offer page for the site or member level - whichever you like.

Set it as the site welcome page (for a site wide OTO ) or use special url redirects for a level oto.

Using wp hide posts hide it from the sidebar. Restrict access to the proper level in s2member.

Using headspace insert the javascript program name in the javascript box. You can also set noindex nofollow with this plugin. Now when this page is loaded it will run the javascript and set the cookie.

The first time people log in it will load the oto and set the cookie name you choose. As usual have an exit link at the bottom that takes them to another page which is the same as the page in the redirect url. You should have another page called members area for each level. Use that as your redirect and exit url.

That's it.

I hope I made it understandable.

If you want to see it in action, and I hope it is okay that I post it here, go sign up as a free member here:
http://videoplrmonthly.com/members

You will see the OTO the first time you log in. After that you will be directed to the members page for free members.
Video PLR Monthly. The VERY FIRST PLR Video Membership Site. Since May 2007
timjcarter

Re: One Time Offers?

Postby Jason Caldwell » July 28th, 2010, 5:18 am

Great. Thanks for posting this.
I'll see what we can do in a future release.

For the benefit of other readers. Please don't confuse a OTO ( One Time Offer ) with s2Member's Specific Post/Page Access. s2Member already integrates an additional layer of functionality that makes it possible to sell "Buy Now" access to Specific Posts/Pages.

The term "one-time offer", is a marketing concept.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin