PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

One Time payments

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

One Time payments

Postby scalare » July 23rd, 2010, 2:32 pm

Hi Jason,

Since this question is related to a different issue than what we were discussing previously, I posted this as a new topic.

Our site will sell access to 2 packs of posts for 6 months counting from the purchase date. I just tested the purchase using a real paypal account and it went great. However, I noticed something, that I'm not sure if it is the normal behavior, or I did something wrong.

I setup the paypal button selecting these options:

- I'll offer the first 0 days free
- Then I want to charge 19.99
- One time (for 6 months access, non-recurring)
- checkout page style: left untouched
- Custom capabilities: pack1

As I said above, purchase went great, I got the email notification inviting me to register to associate a username with the membership, registered to the site, and then logged in, and was able to see the protected posts.

However, paypal notifications turned out to be a little confussing. Instead of getting just one email from paypal, saying that I made a payment for the $19.99, I got three emails.

- First email: saying that I had successfully canceled "the following PayPal Recurring Payment profile. We will no longer bill the buyer." The billing cycle was of 6 months.
- Second email: saying that I had "sent an automatic payment of $19.99"
- Third email: saying that I had "set up an automatic payment profile" of $ 19.99 every 6 months.

I think the emails got in the wrong order, and I should have got them this way:

- Automatic recurring payment profile setup
- Payment sent
- Cancellation of automatic recurring payment profile

In any case, I may have got them in the wrong order because of the amount of text in each one, and how Internet handles emails. But my question is, is it possible to make this send only ONE email to users, instead of three? These three emails, I can foresee, will be really confussing to users, because they are supposed to pay just one time, and they will see emails referring to recurring payments.

Is there something I can do to get just one email sent from paypal?

Thanks again for your help!
scalare

Re: One Time payments

Postby scalare » July 27th, 2010, 10:08 am

Hi Jason,

any insights will be much appreciated. Thanks.
scalare

Postby scalare » July 29th, 2010, 9:49 am

Please disregard my question above. It was all my own fault. When creating the paypal buttons I was selecting the 6 months option for one time but inside the Paypal Subscriptions group, instead of Paypal Buy Now group. (I actually did not notice there was another group below the subscriptions one)

Jason, allow me to say that this is the most complex plugin for Wordpress I've ever seen, and I've worked with Wordpress for quite some time. Thank you very much for such a great plugin and all your help!
scalare

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 4:48 pm

Thanks for posting your resolution to this issue.
~ My appreciated!

I apologize for the delayed response. It looks like we missed you.
Very sorry about that. - and thank you VERY much for the kudos!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin