PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Fixed term membership

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Fixed term membership

Postby comansys » July 26th, 2010, 9:41 am

S2Member is a fantastic plugin and i'm glad I found it.

I don't know if there is a wishlist but a couple of features that I think are missing are

1) the abillity to create a fixed term membership paid for over several weeks/months etc. I.e a membership that lasts 4 months paid for at 9.99 per month. Currently we only seem able to take 1 payment for the whole period.

2) at the end of the subscription period we should have the abillity to allow the member to stay at the same level and not be demoted/deleted automatically. I.e A membership over 6 months with lifetime membership when the 6th payment is made.

Add these 2 features and S2Member will put most other wordpress membership scripts out of business.

As a straight forward membership plugin it rocks.

Cheers

Mark
comansys

Re: Fixed term membership

Postby Elizabeth » August 2nd, 2010, 9:24 am

Those are excellent suggestions. I have emailed Jason with your ideas.
Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » August 5th, 2010, 3:25 pm

1) the abillity to create a fixed term membership paid for over several weeks/months etc. I.e a membership that lasts 4 months paid for at 9.99 per month. Currently we only seem able to take 1 payment for the whole period.

s2Member is currently capable of this:
From the Paypal Button Code Generator(advanced Code, not Shortcode), you can add the PayPal HTML Variables for Subscribe Buttons that you need.( found here https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_html_Appx_websitestandard_htmlvariables#id08A6HI00JQU)
In this case srt. Recurring times. Number of times that subscription payments recur. Specify an integer above 1. Valid only if you specify src="1".

You would add:
Code: Select all
<input type="hidden" name="src" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="sra" value="1" />
<input type="hidden" name="srt" value="6" />

at the end of the subscription period we should have the abillity to allow the member to stay at the same level and not be demoted/deleted automatically. I.e A membership over 6 months with lifetime membership when the 6th payment is made.

However once the subscription/installment payments are done, PayPal would terminate the subscription, then s2Member would currently still demote the member.
So the second part is not currently feasible.
Elizabeth

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 3:29 pm

Add these 2 features and S2Member will put most other wordpress membership scripts out of business.

Thanks for the great suggestions. Just wanted to let you both know that I saw this.

@TODO :: add support into the UI panels for fixed term "installments", and support for accounts that would NOT expire at the end of their term. This will come in a future release.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby comansys » August 5th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Thanks to Elizabeth for her post, however IT IS possible to detect the difference between a cancellation and the natural end of a membership term.

Thanks for adding them to your todo list Jason. I was working on my own membership plugin when I came across s2member. Since finding it I have shelved my development, but I did have a solution to this issue, so if you get stuck or need any help just PM me.

Thanks for a great plugin.
comansys

Return to s2Member Plugin