PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Not returning buyer to subscribe page after purchase

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Not returning buyer to subscribe page after purchase

Postby scheda » July 28th, 2010, 11:48 am

I'm attempting to use S2Member for a membership site, but when I run through the purchase process with a sandbox account, I just get directed back to the main page of the blog instead of a user registration page.

What I'm attempting to do (although can change it if need be) is to use the paypal button code on a page not in the blog, an HTML file I've created with a video on it as the sales letter.

When the user clicks the button, they can go through Paypal, and after purchase, they should be able to register for the website. Right now, it just sends them to the home page, and nothing happens.

How can I fix this?
scheda

Re: Not returning buyer to subscribe page after purchase

Postby helpmeahhhhh » August 4th, 2010, 4:30 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've tried every scenario/button I can think of: regular buy button, logged in free upgrade button, logged out upgrade, logged in regular buy, etc.

I'm in sandbox, NOT offering a free trial - just a regular buy and upgrade. It just sends me back to the homepage.

I noticed someone more recently had this problem as well - can anyone offer support?
helpmeahhhhh
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Not returning buyer to subscribe page after purchase

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 4th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Right now, it just sends them to the home page, and nothing happens.

We have a possible fix in place for this issue. A bug was found within s2Member's routines, that are affecting WordPress installations that use a different Home Page URL inside the Settings -> General section. In other words, if your WordPress installation is configured with a home page URL that is different from your actual WP installation URL; this bug can become an issue.

~ A fix will be released with s2Member v3.1.6+. ( coming very soon )
In the mean time, I recommend changing your Settings -> General Options so that both URLs are the same. Please report back on this topic if you can; it will be much appreciated.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin