PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Block Access to WP-Admin

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Block Access to WP-Admin

Postby ljaec » July 29th, 2010, 1:48 am

Hello,

I just created a Level #0 Free account, to test this. I noticed, since I had WP-Admin open, that after logging in with the free account, that i was still able to access WP-Admin, though as a member without admin privileges. I dont like that, because it shows the dashboard, with the number of pages, posts, comments, etc. Is there a way I can completely block access to this for all membership levels, except of course the admins/authors i create through the main wordpress user creation page?

Thanks.
ljaec

Re: Block Access to WP-Admin

Postby NickFox » July 29th, 2010, 4:43 am

I was wondering the same thing. I was told to try this plugin called WP Hide Dashboard:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-hide-dashboard/

Not sure if it has any conflicts with s2Member...

Nick
NickFox

Postby ljaec » July 30th, 2010, 2:40 am

interesting, im definitely going to check this out, thanks.
ljaec

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 8:21 pm

ljaec wrote:Hello,

I just created a Level #0 Free account, to test this. I noticed, since I had WP-Admin open, that after logging in with the free account, that i was still able to access WP-Admin, though as a member without admin privileges. I dont like that, because it shows the dashboard, with the number of pages, posts, comments, etc. Is there a way I can completely block access to this for all membership levels, except of course the admins/authors i create through the main wordpress user creation page?

Thanks.

Thanks for this great question.

In the current release of s2Member ( v3.1.5+ ), you can go to:
s2Member -> General Options -> Profile Modifications

There is an option there, that you can enable, which will automatically redirect requests to the Profile panel inside the Dashboard, over to your Login Welcome Page instead, and if they're not logged in, this will actually result in a redirect to the Membership Options Page.

So this is exactly what you're looking for, because this will ALSO block access to the entire Dashboard, not just the Profile panel. In other words, this makes it appear to a Member, that the Dashboard does not even exist.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin