PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Can s2 pull this off?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Can s2 pull this off?

Postby shick11sp » July 29th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have a new potential client, and as a new-ish webdesigner, this will easily be my largest undertaking to date! After considering several CMS solutions for the job, and receiving multiple suggestions to go with WordPress, I have been directed to your plugin.

I'm trying to develop an Online Personal Training section on a website where new clients can pay for admittance and current clients can sign up for, where they can have customized workouts and diets shown for each individual client.

How tough would it be with s2 to have admins be able to customize the member's only page for each user so that each client could each have a custom diet/workout that only individual clients could access?

I found this post, which answers part of my question, but it's not quite all i'd need!
http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=157&p=1153

If anyone has any suggestions or help, I'd be super appreciative!
shick11sp

Re: Can s2 pull this off?

Postby shick11sp » August 2nd, 2010, 10:08 am

Or has anyone ever used s2membership to achieve this type of setup themselves?
shick11sp

Postby thomas e » August 4th, 2010, 7:21 am

Hi there,

I am a fitness professional myself and use S2member for my online coaching program as well.

The way I do it is I email the client his or her personal training program, and they can find video's of all the exercsises on the members area. So not a special page for each individual member.

My clients like it very much and it gives me extra revenue which is always good.

I set up everything myself and I'm not a techie at all, so if you find out another good way of doing it I'd be very interested in hearing it!

You can check out my site at http://www.maxfitperformance.com

All the best,

Thomas
thomas e

Postby tristanputman » August 4th, 2010, 11:54 am

Couple of different ways to do this, just depends on how many levels of membership your program will have. If you stick with the Bronze, Gold, Platinum type plans, then you can use some built-in functions to determine what level a person has and only show them information for that specific level.

Do some searches here on the forum for "current_user_can" - it's the php function to use to determine which level of membership the currently logged in subscriber has.

You can also use Custom Capabilities (part of Wordpress Roles & Capabilities).

This is a good post with some of that information:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=288&p=1244&hilit=ccap#p1244
tristanputman
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 4th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Excellent. Thanks for a great response Tristan.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby shick11sp » August 19th, 2010, 12:38 pm

tristanputman wrote:Couple of different ways to do this, just depends on how many levels of membership your program will have. If you stick with the Bronze, Gold, Platinum type plans, then you can use some built-in functions to determine what level a person has and only show them information for that specific level.

Do some searches here on the forum for "current_user_can" - it's the php function to use to determine which level of membership the currently logged in subscriber has.

You can also use Custom Capabilities (part of Wordpress Roles & Capabilities).

This is a good post with some of that information:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=288&p=1244&hilit=ccap#p1244

Thanks tristan. I looked at what you suggested, but still see no way to achieve what I'm attempting. I've been playing with the s2 plugin on a local installation, and can't find what I'm looking for there either.

I need for each individual user to have a way to login (payed subscription) and be presented with the entire site, along with a page featuring a custom workout plan that my client can create for each user, and only said user can access this page. Is wordpress or the s2 plugin capable of achieving this?

Let me know if I need to try to further elaborate.
shick11sp

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 27th, 2010, 12:19 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the great question.
I think [ this Video ] will help you greatly.

It may not be the "exact" same thing you're trying to do, but it's very close:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=586
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin