PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

mailing list subscribtion

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

mailing list subscribtion

Postby bigc » July 30th, 2010, 9:24 am

I would bring up my idea to work with s2Member Plugin,

When a visitor come to my website and read some topic then I would allow them "Subscribe" to mailing list just by put their "email address" and submit it. (of course, I need short code to put that subscription box at my front page or any page I want)

The system will send an email to subscriber email for verification and/or register process (for paid content).

With s2Member, I can understand that user have to register first then the system will integrate with mailing list and will work with other s2Member functions.

Do I need separate Plug-in for email subscribe? and how I integrate with s2Member ? Please advice
bigc
Guest User
Guest User

Re: mailing list subscribtion

Postby Elizabeth » July 30th, 2010, 10:24 am

(of course, I need short code to put that subscription box at my front page or any page I want)

You should not need a Shortcode or another plugin. Mailing list providers, like MailChimp and AWeber, use a copy/paste code that enables you to have a subscription box on any page.

Once the confirmation email is sent, have an email reply, inviting them to sign up as a member. In this email you can place a link to your Membership Options Page, or even directly to the Registration Form: yourdomain/wp-login.php?action=register
Elizabeth

Re: mailing list subscription

Postby GrahamW » August 16th, 2010, 4:36 pm

Sorry. Very much a newbie and so this may seem a daft question... I have set up s2members on my Wordpress site, and I think it is all structured OK, but I seem to have missed something somewhere about setting up the initial registration form (wp-login.php?). Where is this documented and where is it configured?

Thank you. Graham.
GrahamW

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 4:40 pm

Hi Graham. Thanks for the great question.

The Login/Registration Form is already built into WordPress. With s2Member installed, the ability to re-brand ( customize ) the appearance of this Form is extended by the s2Member plugin. You can access the configuration panel for this, inside your WP Dashboard, under:
s2Member -> General Options -> Login/Registration Design
or watch: http://www.s2member.com/general-options-overview-video/
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby GrahamW » August 19th, 2010, 2:59 am

Hello Jason

Thanks very much for your message. Yes, I can see that I can customise it - brilliant. But what I'm not understanding is how I get people to it in the first place? I have in mind then saying to themselves,"Yeah, I like this, I want a bit more..." and ideally filling in the form in a side widget on screen, or clicking a link and the form appearing over the original screen while they fill it in and then disappearing, or as a worst case scenario a new page appearing, them filling out their details and then being returned to the original page.

Any thoughts on how I do these kinds of things would be much appreciated.

Best wishes, Graham.
GrahamW

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 27th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Just a quick update on this topic.
~ Thanks for your patience.

- s2Member Pro ( Login Widget ). s2Member Pro now comes with a Login Widget ( plus Profile Summary ) that is specifically designed for a seamless integration with s2Member. There are MANY configurable options. Check your Dashboard, under: Appearance -> Widgets. This works with any WordPress® theme supporting widgetized bars.

You can read the full Changelog here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=568&p=2320&hilit=login+widget#p2320
s2member-pro-login-widget.jpg
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin