PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Arichive Page Not Protected

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Arichive Page Not Protected

Postby Shaunb » July 30th, 2010, 11:34 pm

Does anyone discover the same problem I have:

I configured the plug-in to block access to a category. But on the sidebar, when I click an Archive link (i.e. http://xxxx.com/blog/2010/07/), it will bring up every articles, including those in the protected category, in full length!

When I click on the title of a protected post, it will redirect me to the Membership Options Page. But that's not helping, because the archive page is showing the article in full length.

Maybe it was because I installed the plug-in AFTER I posted those articles. So I created a new article and tested again. Still, the new article (in protected category) shows up in full length in the archive page.

Did I misconfigure something?

I would appreciate it if someone could help me here.

Shaun
Shaunb
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Arichive Page Not Protected

Postby Shaunb » July 30th, 2010, 11:49 pm

More on the issue...

I know I can change the templates to display excerpt only. Or I can insert More tag in my article. But in my situation, I would like this plug-in to display free access articles in full length, but only titles (plus a dozen words maybe) of those protected posts.

Should I uninstall the plug-in and try install again?
Shaunb
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Arichive Page Not Protected

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 3:46 pm

Thanks for the great questions.

If you protect a Post ID, it ONLY protects the Permalink for that Post. In other words, an Excerpt for that Post could still be displayed in an archive view ( i.e. search results, category listings, author lists, date listings, etc ). If you would like to prevent an archive view from being listed, you will need to protect an entire Category ID, or an entire Tag.

For example, if you want to block access to Post ID# 123, and that Post resides in Category ID# 442, you can either protect the Permalink ONLY, by entering 123 into s2Member -> General Options -> Post Level Access. OR, you could skip that, and instead, protect the entire Category, by entering 442 into Category Level Access.

Please let me know if you need more information. ~Thanks.
~ P.S. Dont' forget to log out before testing.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin