PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Terms & Conditions Approval

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Terms & Conditions Approval

Postby blogbutler » August 5th, 2010, 4:25 pm

First off, great plugin, if you can call it that. This is way more than a plugin. Kudos!

Can't figure out where my subscribers will be able to view, print and approve Terms and Conditions for the service I am offering. Believe I read in one post that this is done on the PayPal side (I'm using the free version of s2) but I don't understand how my buttons correlate with a product on the PayPal side.

I've searched this forum for "terms" and "conditions" and "terms and conditions" didn't see any relevant posts so my apologies if this has been addressed already.

thank you!
blogbutler

Re: Terms & Conditions Approval

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 5th, 2010, 4:53 pm

Thanks for the great question, and for the kudos!
~ I really appreciate the compliments.

OK. So on the topic of "Terms/Conditions". Currently, s2Member does not have a built-in method for handling this. However, since s2Member makes it possible for you to fully customize the Membership Options Page, there are a few ways you could handle this.

• Add Terms/Conditions to your Membership Options Page.
  • Place your PayPal Button(s) on a separate Page, and force Users to agree to your Terms/Conditions on the Membership Options Page, and then redirect to another Page where you have the PayPal Buttons.
  • Use the Full Button Code, instead of the Shortcode format; and then you could integrate a redirection, custom forms, a terms/conditions section, etc. This method would require some advanced knowledge of HTML/JavaScript though. Possibly even some mild PHP scripting.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby blogbutler » August 5th, 2010, 5:17 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. Trying to get rolling quickly so I'll probably go with one of the first 2. Thanks!
blogbutler

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 18th, 2010, 12:07 am

@TODO :: terms/conditions approval? Possibly.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin