PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Restricting messages for paying members only

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Restricting messages for paying members only

Postby Ariel » August 8th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I am looking to use your s2member PRO plugin - it looks great.
I am sorry if I am missing something, but I need to set this clear:
Is it possible to:
a. Show certain profile information fields only for paying users (or limit them to a membership level for that matter)?
b. On the same way, is it possible to allow only paying customers to send our messages to other members (not necessarily paying)?

Cheers,
Ariel
Ariel
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Restricting messages for paying members only

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 1:37 pm

Hi Ariel. I'm very sorry for the delayed response.

a. Show certain profile information fields only for paying users (or limit them to a membership level for that matter)?

No, this is not possible yet. Custom Fields are applied to ALL Users/Members the same way. In s2Member v3.2 ( just released ) our focus was on Multisite Networking support. However, we have big plans for s2Member's Custom Fields, and now that we've jumped over the Multisite hurdle, you can expect to see this feature added in the very near future.

b. On the same way, is it possible to allow only paying customers to send our messages to other members (not necessarily paying)?

This sounds like something s2Member could handle just fine. However, please explain what you mean exactly by "send our messages"... ~ Thanks for your patience.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin