PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

New Users not members in BBPRESS

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

New Users not members in BBPRESS

Postby beyonddesign » August 8th, 2010, 9:50 pm

I've got bbpress and wordpress talking to each other...all the cookies and everything are working fine and I've got wordpress functions working in bbpress. I'm using custom capabilities to protect forums and it's working great. However, new users are not members in bbpress. They are defaulted to inactive. I tried changing this in bbpress settings, but it only shows the 5 default roles and not the s2member roles.

Until I get this working, I have to manually change everybody. Can you help?
beyonddesign

Re: New Users not members in BBPRESS

Postby Elizabeth » August 9th, 2010, 1:11 pm

This may help you:

FYI: s2Member v3.1.5+ includes a new Bridge for bbPress integrations. If you get bbPress integrated with WordPress ( pretty easy ), then you can hook everything together with s2Member as well. For further details, check your WP Dashboard, under: s2Member -> API Bridges -> bbPress
http://bbpress.org/
Elizabeth

Postby beyonddesign » August 9th, 2010, 2:53 pm

I've got that, but the bridge isn't functioning properly. It says it installed correctly, but when I try to login and see the forums, I get this...

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php:49) in /home/sfthemes/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 890
beyonddesign

Postby beyonddesign » August 9th, 2010, 2:55 pm

I also have these errors at the top of my bbpress admin screen....

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php on line 92

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php:92) in /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 708

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php:92) in /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/bb-includes/functions.bb-meta.php on line 709
beyonddesign

Postby beyonddesign » August 9th, 2010, 2:56 pm

I also just tried to uninstall the bridge and it won't let me! It says this on the bridge integration screen...

The directory you specified does NOT exist. Please try again, or install manually.
beyonddesign

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 2:03 pm

Hi there. Thanks for reporting these important issues.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sfthemes/public_html/forums/my-plugins/_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php on line 92

This error would indicate that there is no wp_capabilities array established within bbPress for each User. In other words, it sounds like your bbPress -> WordPress integration was not completed successfully before you installed the s2Member Bridge. You might want to go back over your bbPress -> WordPress Integration panel, and see if you missed anything.

I also just tried to uninstall the bridge and it won't let me! It says this on the bridge integration screen...
The directory you specified does NOT exist. Please try again, or install manually.

Always double-check the "best guess" that s2Member makes about the location of your bbPress plugins folder. If you are getting this error during the uninstall routine, it means that the directory path you typed in, does not exist on the server. It could just by a typo maybe.

If all else fails, you can un-install the s2Member Bridge for bbPress, by following these steps:

1. Find one of these directories inside your installation of bbPress:
/my-plugins/ or possibly /bb-plugins/

2. Delete this file:
_s2member-bbpress-bridge.php

That's all the un-install routine does.

~ Thanks again for reporting. Is anyone else experiencing this?
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby dethier » August 20th, 2010, 12:45 pm

I'm experiencing the same error as well. I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 and bbPress 1.0.2

I've got all conditions for WordPress and bbPress integration met and working. But when I add the s2 bridge I start getting the error.

I did notice that the bbPress Integration plugin for WordPress (listed as required for this integration) isn't tested for WordPress 3.0.1 - haven't had a chance to look in the file and see if this would create a problem or not.
dethier
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby dethier » August 20th, 2010, 12:51 pm

I also don't have any users registered in the database except for the admin account. Will that result in the error?
dethier
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby dethier » August 20th, 2010, 1:06 pm

I think I figured out the problem.
On line 92 the code is
Code: Select all
foreach ($user->wp_capabilities as $wp_cap => $v)

The problem is when the database is using a different prefix for wordpress (i.e. instead of wp). When I changed the prefix to what I'm using it worked as expected.

There are other places where you use wp_capabilities that will result in errors as well (setting new bb_users and roles on the fly for example).

At least this will point you in the direction for a fix :)
dethier
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 27th, 2010, 12:44 pm

Thanks for everyone's input on this topic.
This bug was corrected in s2Member v3.2.1.

* Bug fix. s2Member's bbPress Bridge integration was using a hard-coded reference to `wp_capabilities`, instead of using an option call to determine the WordPress® table prefix that was needed for some installations. This was affecting installations of WordPress® that were using a non-standard `wp_` prefix. Corrected in s2Member v3.2.1. In addition, another bug was found, causing the error: `missing argument` in preg_replace. This has also been corrected with s2Member v3.2.1+.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin