PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Security

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Security

Postby johnny g » August 10th, 2010, 8:51 pm

hello Gentlemen;

Before I fire off my salvo, let me say this. Until today I was more than pleased with the version of your S2members I got for my new wordpress site. But like the changing of the seasons things change, and some times quicker than we could ever imagine.

I could not figure out why I was getting so many vistors but so few response's, especially since I know my reader's are interested in the content.

Guess I found out today. Did a google search on my site (http://beatthestreets.1urbanwarrior.com) came up with a bunch of page's/post (no problem).

Clicked on page and the page went straight through to the content (big problem)

Clicked on post-same results.

All pages, all post have been restricted to a minimum of "0" membership requiring registration. Yet all you need do to gain access to them is do a google search.

Not good gentlemen, not good!!!

No wonder I have had so few registrations with over 1000 visits in 3 weeks- thier getting it all without registering.

So how do we fix this?

Your software is not membership if you don't need to pay or register in order to get content.

I can not do anything else until this glaring problem has been fixed, so please help us all (everyone using software out here) and direct me to fixing this situation.

Sincerely
Johnny G
johnny g

Re: Security

Postby johnny g » August 11th, 2010, 1:04 pm

common guys anybody that designed this software, I need to know why ANYBODY, can get on the site. Your post access is wide open instead of being secure.

http://beatthestreets.1urbanwwarrior.com
johnny g

Postby Elizabeth » August 13th, 2010, 11:51 am

Aside from s2Member are you using other plugins that could be conflicting with s2Member?
The link from Google that you clicked on, is it for an archived area of your site, or maybe a teaser from you post or page?

Are you using the newest version of s2Member?
it's version 3.1.5.
The new version requires you to have a Membership Option Page configured.
Elizabeth

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 18th, 2010, 12:21 am

Hi there. Thanks for reporting this important issue.
~ I apologize for the delayed response.

Elizabeth could be right. It sounds like you may have a config problem, or possibly a plugin conflict. It's difficult to say for sure, because there are conflicts that can arise with different themes/plugins.

You might take a look at this thread, and see if anything jumps out at you.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=560

Otherwise, please feel free to email us a WP Dashboard login. I'll have a look for you.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin