PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Method whereby plugin checks for domain

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Method whereby plugin checks for domain

Postby cheezcake » August 11th, 2010, 2:16 pm

Hello,

I just recently obtained an s2member pro key for my domain, and I'd like to know how it checks for the domain. (e.g. where i must set the domain so that the s2member key takes).

The reason that I ask is because I am developing on an intranet, and I need to know how the plugin works so that I may emulate the mechanism (vhost, etc) so I can continue intranet development.

Thanks!

-- Briam R.
cheezcake

Re: Method whereby plugin checks for domain

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 18th, 2010, 1:17 am

Hi Briam. Thanks for the great question.
Sorry for the delayed response.

With the release of s2Member Pro v1.2, a key is no longer required.

- Source code. ionCube® and/or the Zend® Optimizer are NO longer required to run s2Member Pro. In order to maximize compatibility, and your flexibility to tinker with Hooks/Plugins, the s2Member Pro Module is now released with its full source code. This was not the case in previous versions of s2Member Pro. However, starting with s2Member Pro v1.2 ( and moving forward ), your purchase of s2Member Pro includes the full source code, free lifetime upgrades via s2Member.com ( i.e. new features, bug fixes, updates, improvements ); along with full access to our video tutorial library.

- License Key. It is no longer necessary to have an s2member-pro-key.php file. You just need to purchase a copy of the software, which includes support for either a Single Domain installation, or Unlimited Domains; depending on your purchase. In either case, your copy of s2Member Pro includes the full source code, free lifetime upgrades via s2Member.com ( i.e. new features, bug fixes, updates, improvements ); along with full access to our video tutorial library. Our pricing structure for the s2Member Pro Module remains the same.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Method whereby plugin checks for domain

Postby cheezcake » August 20th, 2010, 10:23 am

Thank you very much Jason.

Works like a charm now!

As always prompt support, and excellent service.

Thanks!
cheezcake

Return to s2Member Plugin