PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Paypal specific post/page email

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Paypal specific post/page email

Postby mrsshopper » August 12th, 2010, 4:58 pm

Some customers are not receiving their automated email once they finish payment via Paypal, and others are. I've asked those who have not received the email to check their spam/junk but inevitably they are not there. It's frustrating because I have no way of knowing who received/did not, and there is a lot of important information (ie the link to the product) in that email. If they do not receive that email it ends up with a lot of customer emails and not the automation I was hoping for. Any ideas what is up with this, and how to fix? Thanks.
mrsshopper
Experienced User
Experienced User

Re: Paypal specific post/page email

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 18th, 2010, 1:14 am

Thanks for reporting this important issue.
You can go to: s2Member -> PayPal Options -> Account Details -> Logging/Debugging

Enabling s2Member's logging routines.

s2Member will keep a log of all IPN communications for you.
/wp-content/plugins/s2member-logs/paypal-ipn.log

In that log file, s2Member will tell you when/why and to whom emails were sent to.
~ After reviewing your log file, if you still feel there is an issue that needs to be addressed, please let me know. Either way, it would be great if you could report back. Thank you!
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin