PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

S2Member and WPMU

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

S2Member and WPMU

Postby Melibeth » August 13th, 2010, 8:26 am

Hi,

I'm running WPMU 3.0.1 and ran across the S2Member plugin. I've tested it on other sites, but really need it for my main WPMU site. Any idea how it can be updated to work with WPMU? I'm getting an error that I have to have WP 3.0 + to use the plugin.

Thanks,
-M
Melibeth
Guest User
Guest User

Re: S2Member and WPMU

Postby jannesh » August 16th, 2010, 6:39 am

Hi

I assume you mean Wordpress Multi-Site. From version 3.0 onwards the MU functionality is incorporated into standard wordpress, you just have to enable it. If you upgraded from WPMU 2.9 to WPMU 3.0+ you now actually have Wordpress 3.0.1 Multi-Site.

s2Member is not yet compatible with Wordpress Multi-Site. You can use it, but there are a few things that do not work. I know Jason is working on this, but I have made a few fixes myself that I urgently needed for one of my own sites. It is in the form of a small addon plugin, dependent on s2Member. My addon is available on wordpress.org.
jannesh
Experienced User
Experienced User

Postby Elizabeth » August 16th, 2010, 11:48 am

Elizabeth

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 8:10 pm

Thanks Elizabeth.

Yes, just a quick update here guys.

Multisite Networking was our main focus in the s2Member v3.2 release.
- Multisite Networking. s2Member, and also the s2Member Pro Module; are now compatible with WordPress® 3.0+ Multisite Networking, formerly known as WPMU. In addition, preliminary ( experimental ) support for Multisite Blog Farms has also been implemented. If you\'re running a Multisite Blog Farm ( i.e. you offer Blogs ), please contact s2Member.com for further details.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin