PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Turn Off Open Registration

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Turn Off Open Registration

Postby gsojourner » August 17th, 2010, 1:57 pm

I want to turn off open registration but I have some people who signed up to the site and are still subscribers. I cannot find the place where I turned on open registration and I assume if there are subscribers I cannot turn it off. Am I correct? Will it reappear once I delete those subscribers who haave not joined at a level 1?
Thanks,
Gelnn
gsojourner

Re: Turn Off Open Registration

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 2:38 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the great question.

Yes, you can still turn it off. The Open Registration option will ONLY prevent *new* Users from signing up for free, it will NOT affect any existing accounts that have already been created.

In your WP Dashboard,
see: s2Member -> General Options -> Open Registration
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby gsojourner » August 17th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Thats the problem. Under my General Options, Open Registration is not showing. All of the others like Emai...l, Membership..., Login ..., etc are there but the Open Registration is not there to click on to open and change.
gsojourner

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 3:57 pm

OK. Do you have Multisite Networking enabled for s2Member?
If so, then this option is dynamically moved over into the Multisite (Config) panel.
See: s2Member -> Multisite (Config) on a Multisite Network installation of s2Member.

The Open Registration panel is disabled for the (Main Site) on a Multisite Network install. However, you can still configure this option, you just have to do it from your Multisite (Config) panel, under:
s2Member -> Multisite (Config).

You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby gsojourner » August 17th, 2010, 4:23 pm

Great! Now I have it! Thanks a lot Jason. Very impressed with the membership plug in. I bought two others and came back to you guys. I think yours is a bit more technical but it certainly worked better for me. Any chance of implementing coupons in the future? Would be nice to give those out. Thanks again!
gsojourner

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 4:29 pm

Great to hear that! Much appreciated.

Support for Coupon Codes was added with the release of s2Member Pro v1.2.

New Feature. ( Coupon Codes ) allow you to provide discounts ( through a special promotion ). A Customer may enter a Coupon Code at checkout, and depending on the Code they enter, a discount may be applied. Coupon Codes can be configured to provide a flat-rate discount, or a percentage-based discount. You can have an unlimited number of Coupon Codes. You can also force Coupon Codes to automatically expire on a particular date in the future. For more information, please see: s2Member -> Coupon Codes in your WP Dashboard. In order to activate the Coupon Code field on your Checkout Form(s), you MUST add this new Shortcode attribute: accept_coupons="1".

At this time, there are no plans to integrate Coupon Codes with PayPal Standard Integration, because Standard Integration @ PayPal does not support this either. The only way to implement Coupon Codes with the free version of s2Member, is just to use separate Buttons. Not quite as dynamic, but it's the only option available at present. I recommend s2Member Pro if you're going to offer Coupon Codes.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby gsojourner » August 18th, 2010, 12:34 pm

Jason,
it did take the registration out of the meta widget and off the login page. There are still two places where it did not have an affect. The BP admin bar at the top of the page (Sign Up) and a button on the page itself. Is this something I need to go change the code in those items to remove it?
gsojourner

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 27th, 2010, 11:56 am

Hi there. Sorry for the delayed response.
Thanks for reporting back on this topic.

Yes, it sounds like you've got registration disabled now, but there are still links pointing to the registration page. If so, you'll need to remove those inside your template files, as s2Member has no control over other plugins, or over links built into your theme itself.

With s2Member installed, you can disable Open Registration, so those links should land you on a disabled registration page. However, with BuddyPress in the mix, I'm not sure this will jive without modifying your theme files a bit. The default BuddyPress theme is very dynamic, and it can detect this setting; adjusting itself accordingly. That being said, some BuddyPress themes just "assume" that registration would be enabled.

Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin