PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Question about s2member pro user profile

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Question about s2member pro user profile

Postby zachd » August 17th, 2010, 5:56 pm

Hi- I'm new to s2member and am thinking about integrating it into a website I am building for a networking organization. One of the most important features I'm looking for is the ability for logged in members to view their membership status/how long till they need to renew. I'm also looking for a way to send an automated email to members who's subscriptions are going to be up in the near future.

Does s2member Pro allow this type of subscription management? I've read about the user profile page that comes with pro, but haven't been able to find much detail on exactly what it shows.

Thanks for your time.
zachd

Re: Question about s2member pro user profile

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 17th, 2010, 8:32 pm

Hi Zach. Thanks for the great question.

So let's break this down into each version of s2Member.

1. s2Member ( the free version )
This uses Standard PayPal integration, and as such, a recurring "Subscription" is always tied to a PayPal account holder. So in this case, your Customer would always have full access to the financial details of their Membership with your site; through their PayPal account. They can see the renewal dates, last billing date, and even have the ability to cancel their own Subscription if they need to.

2. s2Member Pro ( the paid upgrade )
This version comes equipped with PayPal Pro integration, which dramatically improves the functionality and flexibility offered by the s2Member plugin. As of s2Member Pro v1.2, there are no additional built-in API Constants, or a Profile panel that would supply billing specifics; beyond what the free version already provides. That being said, with Pro integration, you DO have full access to API functions that can be used to pull everything that's available from PayPal.

Here is a quick code sample:
Code: Select all
$paypal["METHOD"] = "GetRecurringPaymentsProfileDetails";
$paypal["PROFILEID"] = get_user_option ("s2member_subscr_id");
$everything = ws_plugin__s2member_pro_paypal_response ($paypal);
print_r($everything); // gives you EVERYTHING; a full set of details.

This would include everything documented in the PayPal Pro API, which is also included with the s2Member Pro distribution. There are MANY other API methods that can called upon as well. In other words, in addition to all of the built-in tools provided by s2Member, there is full access to the PayPal Pro API as well; which can be extended well beyond the basics. [ full documentation ]
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin