PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Posts not restricted aren't accessible to Level 0 Users

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Posts not restricted aren't accessible to Level 0 Users

Postby ahsanshaikh » August 18th, 2010, 6:21 am

I have tried to re-configure the post restrictions but the outcome is the same. Even though the posts that aren't restricted at any level as shown in the screenshot, aren't accessed by Level 0 users.

Can anyone please help me out in this. can be checked at http://jingoist.pk/james

I would appreciate your swift response.
Attachments
post_access.png
s2member general configuration
users_subscribers.jpg
Subscribers
ahsanshaikh

Re: Posts not restricted aren't accessible to Level 0 Users

Postby ahsanshaikh » August 18th, 2010, 9:03 pm

I would like to highlight that this problem is only occurring for POSTs.

I have verified that the restriction to PAGEs is working fine (i.e. as per the configuration).

I would appreciate an early help in this regard.
ahsanshaikh

Postby ahsanshaikh » August 20th, 2010, 9:17 pm

Can anyone please help.
ahsanshaikh

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 27th, 2010, 1:19 pm

Hi there. Thanks for reporting this.

I just took a look at your site. I clicked on Post ID# 9 from the Home Page of your site, and I was redirected to the Membership Options Page; this is the intended behavior. I "think" the confusion is caused by the fact that Post ID #9 is visible on the Home Page at all. s2Member ( as of v3.2.2 ) does not filter Alternative Views. So if your theme is displaying an "Excerpt" of that Post on the Home Page, s2Member will NOT filter that query. However, if you click on that Post, s2Member WILL ALWAYS guard access to the Permalink, by redirecting public visitors to the Membership Options Page.

In your case, protecting content at Level #0 means that public visitors will NOT be allowed to access that content, but they CAN access that content by registering for free. Hence, Level #0 ( Free Subscribers ).

Now. If you wanted to protect an archive ( like an entire Category listing ), you can do that too. But you'll need to use s2Member's Category ( or Tag ) Restrictions for that. That would prevent the archive itself from being displayed, and block access not only to the Permalink for each Post, but ALSO to the actual Tag Archive, or Category ( including any sub-Categories ) they reside in.

----- Update -----
Coming soon with s2Member 3.2.3+, is a new feature called "Alternative View Protection".
I'm attaching a screenshot, that includes all of the details, as well as an early beta release that you are more than welcome to test with.
alternative-view-protection.jpg

s2member-3.2.3-beta-1.zip
(5.43 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin