PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Hiding Membership Options and Login Welcome Page

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Hiding Membership Options and Login Welcome Page

Postby SimpleUser » August 25th, 2010, 3:02 pm

Hi

Im taking my first tentative steps into the world of s2Member and wondered if someone could explain something for me.

I've setup the Membership Options page with my PayPal buttons and the Login Welcome Page as suggested in the quick start guide.

I then login with a test membership user I have setup - which all works fine, I have access to all the restricted contents as per my membership details.

However I can still see the Membership Options page and Login Welcome Page - how can I hide these pages from user that are logged in?

Many thanks

Paul
SimpleUser
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Hiding Membership Options and Login Welcome Page

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 12:29 am

Hi Paul. Thanks for the great question.

It sounds like you've got these Pages in your navigation menu perhaps?
If so, you'll want to remove them using the options provided by your theme. If you're using a theme that supports `Appearance -> Menus` in WordPress® 3.0+, you can just drag n' drop those Pages out of your menu.

Otherwise, if you prefer to leave them IN your navigation menu, you'll need a theme or widget that provides two options ( logged-in ), and ( not logged-in ). The s2Member Pro upgrade includes a powerful Login Widget + Profile Summary that accomplishes this, among other things. We also have the s2Clean theme, which enhances this concept even further.

If you're using the free version of s2Member, then I recommend this alternative:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sidebar-login/
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby drsolution » August 30th, 2010, 12:59 pm

Hi
I too was having that problem and used the plugin wp hide pages and sidebar login and they both seem to work with s2member flawlessly
s2member directs one to the wp-login page but I could not figure how to put that in the menu so I created a page called Login and then a redirect to that page.
I mean when someone goes to the site they are on the main (home) page so they must have a place to login
and I could not find where s2 member did this... ???
The sidebar login plugin works also in this respect IE sends them to the login page
I guess I missed something viz-z-viz s2member???
drsolution

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 2:26 pm

drsolution wrote:Hi
I too was having that problem and used the plugin wp hide pages and sidebar login and they both seem to work with s2member flawlessly
s2member directs one to the wp-login page but I could not figure how to put that in the menu so I created a page called Login and then a redirect to that page.
I mean when someone goes to the site they are on the main (home) page so they must have a place to login
and I could not find where s2 member did this... ???
The sidebar login plugin works also in this respect IE sends them to the login page
I guess I missed something viz-z-viz s2member???

Yep, that works too. The Login Widget + Profile Summary for s2Member is available ONLY in the s2Member Pro Module. However, the free alternative ( Sidebar Login ) works nicely.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin