PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Clarification on payment options in s2m restricted pages

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Clarification on payment options in s2m restricted pages

Postby ChrisVighagen » August 28th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Hi!

I really love this plugin and its ease of use, it has made my life a lot simpler and made it possible for me to realise a long time idea of mine. So thank you for that!

But there is one thing that I noticed in the tutorial video on restricted pages that I didn't quite understand.
When PayPal handles a one shot, one time only, payment for page access, you briefly say that credit card payment is possible and that they need not be members of paypal.

Now what I don't get is this, was that comment in regard of the free version or was it a feature of the pro version?

Could you please clarify this for me ?
Thank you in advance and thank you for the very informative and easy to understand tutorial videos!

Sincerely

Chris Vighagen
ChrisVighagen

Re: Clarification on payment options in s2m restricted pages

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 9:56 am

Hi Chris. Thanks for the excellent question.
When PayPal handles a one shot, one time only, payment for page access, you briefly say that credit card payment is possible and that they need not be members of paypal.

Now what I don't get is this, was that comment in regard of the free version or was it a feature of the pro version?

With s2Member Pro, your Customers are NEVER required to have a PayPal® account, under any circumstance. What I was referring to was the free version of s2Member. In the free version of s2Member ( i.e. with PayPal® Standard integration ), any time you are using a "Subscription" Button, your Customer will be required to have a PayPal account. However, if you choose one of the "Buy Now" options provided by s2Member's Button Generator, then Customers can checkout through PayPal® without being forced to signup for a PayPal® account at the same time. They'll still go through PayPal®, but they can use a credit/debit card without being required to register for a PayPal® account at the same time.

If you would like to bypass PayPal® all together, and keep Customers on your site throughout the entire checkout process, then you'll need s2Member Pro for that.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby ChrisVighagen » August 30th, 2010, 11:36 am

Hi Jason,

Thank you for clarifying that for me, this means that s2member is an even more awesome plug-in than I first thought.

It fits perfectly for what I am going to do on a very little budget (no budget at all actually) and the pro level is a no starter for me until I have a stable customer base. We all have to start out somewhere right?

Again thank you for clarifying and for making such an incredibly cool plug-in available for free!

Sincerely

Chris Vighagen

EDIT: How do I mark this thread as solved?
Last edited by ChrisVighagen on August 30th, 2010, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisVighagen

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 2:29 pm

@Resolved.
Thank you VERY much for reporting back on this topic.
- My pleasure.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin