PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Upgrade warning to regular users

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Upgrade warning to regular users

Postby gwc_wd » August 29th, 2010, 9:54 pm

A user with level 0 (free subscriber) or any non-admin user that accesses a user dashboard is faced with the S2Member Pro Module update warning with the instruction to log in at S2Member.com.

As I just discovered this is quite disconcerting to the user. Perhaps this warning could be conditioned on the user's S2Member level?
gwc_wd

Re: Upgrade warning to regular users

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 1:31 pm

Hi there. Thanks for reporting this.
gwc_wd wrote:A user with level 0 (free subscriber) or any non-admin user that accesses a user dashboard is faced with the S2Member Pro Module update warning with the instruction to log in at S2Member.com.

As I just discovered this is quite disconcerting to the user. Perhaps this warning could be conditioned on the user's S2Member level?

Gotchya. I'll see what we can do in the next release. On the other hand, please note that this particular warning is critical. If you are seeing this warning, you really should have the site in Maintenance Mode, because the functionality provided by s2Member Pro will not be present at all, until the update is completed in its entirety. In other words, you'll need to log into your account at s2Member.com and get the latest version of the Pro Module.

I understand your frustration though. @TODO
I'll see if we can add a conditional in there to prevent this warning from be presented on the Default Profile Editing panel under ANY circumstance.

Related @TODO/COPY :: Automatic upgrades for s2Member Pro are coming soon as well.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin