PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

Monthly and Annual fees

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

Monthly and Annual fees

Postby Geoff » August 30th, 2010, 9:37 am

I'm using s2Member Pro, and I'm restricting access based on category id. I'm charging a recurring monthly fee, but I'd also like to offer a discounted annual fee for subscribers. So for example, subscribers could sign up for $10/month or $100/year. The way I've set this up is, I've created Level#1 as a monthly subscriber and Level#2 as an annual subscriber. Then in General Options > Category Access Restrictions, I've set both Level#1 and Level#2 to the same category id. Next, I just use the form generators under PayPal Pro Forms to generate my forms for both levels. Have I done this correctly?
Geoff
Guest User
Guest User

Re: Monthly and Annual fees

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the great question.

What you have sounds like it will work, except for the part about protecting the same Category ID under two different Levels. If you protect a Category at Level #2, Level #1 Members will NOT have access to it. Filling it in twice, is the same as filling it in once at the higher Level; because Membership Level Access works incrementally. In other words, entering Category ID: 123 into the Level #2 field, is telling s2Member that Category ID: 123 requires Level #2 access; even if you've already entered it into the Level #1 field.

Here is another alternative.
1. Use just one Level. ( Level #1 ).
2. Create two PayPal Buttons for Level #1 access,
but at different prices, and with different payment terms.
That will work just fine :-)
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Postby Geoff » August 30th, 2010, 7:17 pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I never even thought about Level#1 users not having access to content that's been designated as Level#2 or higher. What you've described makes perfect sense, because again, it's a GENERATOR, not the form/button itself.

Now, because I'm using s2Member Pro and PayPal Pro forms, I should be able to do exactly the same as your describing, except not with buttons, but with forms, correct?

Thanks again!

Geoff
Geoff
Guest User
Guest User

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 31st, 2010, 7:06 pm

Hi Geoff.
Absolutely, You are correct.
s2Member Pro works the same way.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Return to s2Member Plugin