PriMoThemes — now s2Member® (official notice)

This is now a very OLD forum system. It's in READ-ONLY mode.
All community interaction now occurs at WP Sharks™. See: new forums @ WP Sharks™

how to configure Free VIP Membership?

s2Member Plugin. A Membership plugin for WordPress®.

how to configure Free VIP Membership?

Postby hoopinstructor » August 30th, 2010, 12:49 pm

Hi:

I'm sorry, I'm getting a bit confused: how do I create a free VIP membership that is no charge, but the person gets all access to the site?

I'm thinking that I should create a special VIP Page with no PayPal buttons, but that the person would just be able to sign up and log in. the page would not be visible unless they have the url. and they would not have any access restrictions.

but I'm not quite sure how to do it.

Thank you!

btw, this is a wonderful plugin. As soon as I get this site set up for my client, I'm going to launch my own community site with it, as well.

best,
Terri
hoopinstructor

Re: how to configure Free VIP Membership?

Postby Jason Caldwell » August 30th, 2010, 2:24 pm

Hi Terri. Thanks for the great questions, and for the kudos!
~ Much appreciated.

Free Registration occurs at Level #0. So if you send a visitor to the Registration Form, and they register without paying, s2Member puts them into the system at Level #0 by default.

However, s2Member gives you the ability to control what Level #0 ( aka: Free Subscribers ) have access to. So although we call them "Free Subscribers" you could re-brand Level #0 as VIP Access, and just protect some, or all, of your content from Level #0 access using s2Member's General Options panel.

You can also get more sophisticated with this using Simple Conditionals, or if you know some PHP, you can use Advanced Conditionals. Check your Dashboard, under: s2Member -> API Scripting.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
~ Jason Caldwell / Lead Developer
& Zeitgeist Movie Advocate: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Is the s2Member plugin working for you? Please rate s2Member at WordPress.org.
You'll need a WordPress.org account ( comes in handy ). Then rate s2Member here Image
Jason Caldwell
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: how to configure Free VIP Membership?

Postby hoopinstructor » September 1st, 2010, 1:10 am

Hi Jason:

Okay, it's starting to become clear, I think. We can only have one registration workflow/form, and it wouldn't be good for people who are paying to see that there's a VIP membership.

So, I will not allow Open Registration and will let my client know that they should sign VIPs up manually using Add a Member and make the VIP S2MemberLevel1. Then there's no need for the VIP to pay and they can get into the system just as if they did pay.

Thanks!
hoopinstructor

Return to s2Member Plugin